Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gs250 Courtesy Car

elliotsdad

Just wanted to share my thoughts with anybody interested about my experience with the GS250 that I was given as a courtesy car whilst my CT was in for it's year 2 service.

Maybe I was a bit put off that the GS I was provided with wasn't as clean as my car usually is, but I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be.

Yes, it was more spacious, and the engine more refined. I liked the automatic parking brake (you didn't have to do anything, just switch on and shift to Drive to start and shift to Park to engage), also the display showed audio, nav and climate control settings all at the same time, and the indicator had the tap for three blinks when switching lanes which I l had on a previous C Class. The best thing though, was the much reduced road noise compared to the CT, it was very relaxing both cruising down the motorway and trundling along in town.

However, despite all this, I was still happy to get back into my CT afterwards. It just felt more 'me'.... I thought I might be tempted to upgrade, but thankfully (for my bank balance) it really was good to have my own car back :phone:

I think you would like the GS450h more ;)

I think that I would like a new McLaren P1 more but it really isn't in the same class as a CT200 is it?

• Like 1

I think you would like the GS450h more ;)

I think that I would like a new McLaren P1 more but it really isn't in the same class as a CT200 is it?

No but considering the post was about a GS250 I think a comparison to a GS450 hybrid is valid

Yes, the fact that it wasn't a hybrid may have played a part - I've become so used to hybrids now, 'normal' cars just seem so old fashioned. However, I think I was most disappointed with the dash layout in the GS. It seemed so uninteresting compared to the CT, very sparse and dull, it just didn't seem to be as nice a place to be in.

• 1 month later...

Very different cars, I'm in a CT200 F Sport today, and I'd rather not say what I think about the ride....but what I will say is that I can't wait for my GS250 to be ready later, though it takes more than twice the fuel around town!

Horses for courses - defo!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links