Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Fast?

Loz

why do you need to speak German...........

an autobahn is like a motorway.follow the road names, anyweay the road from the ferry to my place, is one road.....and very straight, and as i said, i would meet you at Cuxhaven

if Harty can find his way here from Holland...and andy has a track record for getting lost......in milton keyenes following a convoy.

im sure a guy of your Calibre will have no problems

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loz i'm gutted.

brought a road angel yesterday as i could feel my licence lifting from my wallet and it gives you your speed by way of GPS. there i was doing 110 mph on the clocks (private road of course :whistling: ) looked at the road angel speed reading 100 so that means that my 160 was more like 150 damn i need Naaaauuusss

Dawesy,

if what you are saying is your speedo is 10mph out then you are right. but if it is 10% out (which would make 110mph on the clocks actually 99mph) then your 160 on the clocks is actually 144mph!!!)

My GPS thankful concurs with my 155mph will get a photo for your pleasure, of course! give or take 1 or 2 mph.

Forgot to mention the rolling radius of my aftermarket 17" rims and tyres changes the speed accuracy (positively it seems) of my gearbox driven speedo.

:zee:

Hey big respect for the bro...... He has got a 2 ton lump of glorious shiny metal to go warp speed B) And I will be catching him soon..lol :whistling: :winky:

P.s does anybody actually know why when mine and norkep's cars where holding back at 139mph on the rolling Rd .. Mine still had about 1000 revs to go before redlining yet it would not go past it.. And as it was calibrated with the pc and the both shown the same there must be a limiter on it when front wheels are not moving .. Because i have had the needle showing 148mph when driving (Yes it was a private place) lol Infact it was the runway where bbc top gear is filmed.. My other half used to work there.Thats not for top gear though ( only about 5 miles from me)

jac

poor ole' lozzie tries! fair play bredda!

Bring it Soarer-boy!!

er... no, hang on a minute. don't. You actually seem to have the fastest Lexus ever made. so I'll get my coat.... bug ger.

Seriously, Your Soarer is faster than a supra twin turbo and with s smaller engine. Thats pretty mad. More of us need to think about your engine. I am thinking what would an IS be like with that lump. and why did Mat C not go for one? sounds like he would have had 187+mph without the fridge on the front of his bumper... of course then he would have nowhere to put the TTE magnets! :shutit:

Okay, its early and I'm still dreaming :sleeping:

:zee:

Whooaaa there..

Wish I could get you all there.. One slight snag.. SHE DOES NOT WORK THERE ANYMORE..lol

Pee.J no its not near wisley.. Its in a sleepy little village called Dunsfold it used to be part of british aerospace a while back when they used to make and test harriers there but with goverment cuts it was forced to shut.

So i dont have anywhere to play anymore :crybaby:

jac

er... no, hang on a minute. don't. You actually seem to have the fastest Lexus ever made. so I'll get my coat.... bug ger.

Seriously, Your Soarer is faster than a supra twin turbo and with s smaller engine. Thats pretty mad. More of us need to think about your engine. I am thinking what would an IS be like with that lump. and why did Mat C not go for one? sounds like he would have had 187+mph without the fridge on the front of his bumper... of course then he would have nowhere to put the TTE magnets! :shutit:

The 2.5 is geared higher, and not as robust as the 2jz. that is why it was not used in the mk4 supra....the supra also uses sequential turbos to deliver the power smoother, whereas the soarer engine uses indipendant turbos

the benchmark BHP for the supra out of the factory was going to be 600bhp..but obviously the Head Honchos at Toyota thought this a little excessive, so reduced for sale...

the supra is also a very heavy car for its size, as it was designed to go fast they built in structural stability from the onset.

the supra is also capable of 180+ mph....its only on my car with the is200 differential that my top end is limited to 178mph, this is why i have taken the LS430 diff from TTE

THE 3 LITRE ALSO HAS MORE TORQUE

soarer weight 1550 kg

soarer torque 363 Nm @ 4800 rpm

supra weight 1490 kg

supra torque 431 Nm @ 3600 rpm

is200 weight 1395 kg

is200 torque 195 Nm @ 4600 rpm

soarer max speed limited 112 mph.. unlimited 173 mph

supra max speed limited 156 mph... unlimited 170-180+ mph

is200 max speed................143 mph

all data found for manual cars

i am wondering what i have bought... thats not bad for a "so call old mans car" as it gets slated

Soarers need more recognition! Perhaps with me owning one you guys can take a proper look at meets!

i dont wanna be the fastest.. i just dont wanna come last (on the track :whistling:)

Oh.. if the soarer is converted to MPH properly it will be unrestricted!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links