Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

cheers! :)

Extra Gloss Protection is a sealant, so I applied a coat of it right after polishing the car. I then buffed it off after letting it cure for about two hours.

This was then followed by two coats of HD Wax.

Just given mine a quick clean. Its due another polish i think, been about 3 months now but still looking pretty good. Picture not great sorry, just a quick snap. Going to be taking some proper pictures soon while summers here at a spot i know in the countryside because im seller her around feb :(

2013-07-07_17-16-39_919_zps98a916e7.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Pete :). Shame you have to sell the car; are you off to the states in Feb then?

Thanks! :)

March. Im looking to buy a IS300 over there, but realistically dont know if ill be able to afford it initially.

I would seriously think about taking it with me if they didnt drive on the wrong side of the road

I just said to the wife, why not just keep it in UK for when we visit :whistling: lol

cheers! :)

Extra Gloss Protection is a sealant, so I applied a coat of it right after polishing the car. I then buffed it off after letting it cure for about two hours.

This was then followed by two coats of HD Wax.

Cool, thanks. I've got a bottle of EGP but I've never been sure about how to include it into the process. Or whether it's even needed if you're using a proper wax.

I applied a single coat of HD Wax just over a month ago and it's still holding up well.

IS200-32_zpsc0d35dc7.jpg

IS200-27_zps838018cf.jpg

This was on Saturday after a blast with a petrol station jet wash on the cheapest program - lance only, no brush, then sprayed with Autoglym Aqua Wax whilst the body was still wet (that's it's party trick). Done the wheels & tyres too whilst I was waiting to buff up some panels, but all told, you're looking at only 30mins worth of work. Plus £2 for the jet wash. :)

I can't recommend Aqua Wax enough!

• Like 1

Cool, thanks. I've got a bottle of EGP but I've never been sure about how to include it into the process. Or whether it's even needed if you're using a proper wax.

I applied a single coat of HD Wax just over a month ago and it's still holding up well.

Car's looking ace mate; Kodiak Sky is a pretty rare colour and scrubs up real nice (or maybe Platinum Ice is just too common :P)

In theory a single coat of HD wax, if applied properly, should last many months. In my case, applying EGP followed by two coats of HD Wax was perhaps a little overkill, but the next time I get to repeat this on the Lexus will probably only be this time next year. The Lexus is also (unfortunately) my winter runabout, so the paint needs all the layers of protection it can get.

This was on Saturday after a blast with a petrol station jet wash on the cheapest program - lance only, no brush, then sprayed with Autoglym Aqua Wax whilst the body was still wet (that's it's party trick).

Woah there... you mean you apply the Aqua Wax after just hosing down the car with the jetwash? Without using any car shampoo?

No, you wash the car as normal before using it, just like you would with any other wax. You just don't need to dry the car beforehand. plus it's super quick and easy to use - not too dissimilar to a Quick Detailer. Smells great too. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links