Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cannot believe it - one year gone already....

So how has it been?

The good....

The car has been superbly reliable and totally dependable.

It's still superbly quiet, totally rattle free (regardless of temperatures - whether it was during the cold start to 2013, or blistering temps of late)

Smooth and very very comfortable.

Just had the first service - and the drivers wiper juddered a little. Mentioned it to the girl at check in - and true to Lexus promise - the whole arm was changed under warranty. A nice goody bag left in the car, with a pen, water bottle as it was so hot, screen wash, sweets and key ring. What a joyous experience!

AC is amazingly efficient - probably the best I have ever had in a luxury car

MLS - very good but I actually think the MLS in the 2IS was better??

The bad.... The stuff below is very minor....

The fuel consumption - town average hovers between 16 and 22 (about 19 mostly), and on a run hovers between 32-38 (about 35 average), so not too bad, and I knew this when I bought it

The Road Tax is only gonna go in one direction (up), as Co2 is > 200grms p/km

The gear changes - they are smooth, but some times a bit jerky (especially 1st to 2nd) when you need a quick get away.

The Navigation - tiresome in TMC mode. How many times in one minute does it have to remind you of a minor delay? Once overridden - it should not repeat

My biggest bug bear - no auto lock on drive away. Even the CT200h loaner had that!

Car still feels BIG - especially when trying to park in a multi story

Tendency to just drop a gear at the slightest push of the accelarator

Oh - the soft paint - now I know people say that all cars have water based lacquer etc etc and so all are soft, but my 5 Series had water based paint and it was not as soft as this; period

The ugly......

The centre console buttons, the cruise control stalk, and some switch gear is defo from Toyota.....which means it's functional, but not classy

The artificial looking wood trim - not good for a luxury car. It scratches so easily....

• 3 weeks later...

The bad.... The stuff below is very minor....

The fuel consumption - town average hovers between 16 and 22 (about 19 mostly), and on a run hovers between 32-38 (about 35 average), so not too bad, and I knew this when I bought it

The Road Tax is only gonna go in one direction (up), as Co2 is > 200grms p/km

The gear changes - they are smooth, but some times a bit jerky (especially 1st to 2nd) when you need a quick get away.

The Navigation - tiresome in TMC mode. How many times in one minute does it have to remind you of a minor delay? Once overridden - it should not repeat

My biggest bug bear - no auto lock on drive away. Even the CT200h loaner had that!

Car still feels BIG - especially when trying to park in a multi story

Tendency to just drop a gear at the slightest push of the accelarator

Oh - the soft paint - now I know people say that all cars have water based lacquer etc etc and so all are soft, but my 5 Series had water based paint and it was not as soft as this; period

The ugly......

The centre console buttons, the cruise control stalk, and some switch gear is defo from Toyota.....which means it's functional, but not classy

The artificial looking wood trim - not good for a luxury car. It scratches so easily....

I get about same MPG out of a 12 years old GS430 ?!

As for auto-lock function, have You checked the manual? Most cars in this class should have settings to enable this.

... or if it isn't a user setting, maybe the dealer can change it? Another option may be to have just the drivers door unlock on the remote button press, pressing a second time unlocks all the doors - that is a feature I got my Lexus dealer to enable on my old 2001 GS430.

• 1 year later...

Had mine a month and i agree with all your points. coming from a CT200h it is a HUGE step up on quality.

Having engine issues at the moment - hopefully its just a small timing thing that the garage can sort easily!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links