Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Satnav And Grom

I finally bought a Yatour which is the same thing as a GROM if anyones wondering and when i go to fit it i find the CD changer port already has something plugged into it, so i unplugged what ever it was and plugged the yatour in and now my satnav is blank!

I was under the impression a GROM type device will work fine along side factory nav??? am i missing something? i cant find anyone with similar problem suprisingly so am making this thread, And there was no mention of it in this guide i followed

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/46731-how-to-install-the-gromaudio-ipod-adaptor-in-1st-gen-is/

Well i just emailed the company and there gonna send it out to me. I paid £46 and it works great. Got it from carelectronicsworld999 on eBay. Bluetooth module can be added for an additional £33

I managed to fit the unit under the centre console on opposite side of cigarette lighter (its a sqeeze) Then routed wires up and round the shifter and pops out of handbrake housing. Nice and neat :)

Yatour

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-Car-iPod-iPhone-Input-Adapter-12-Pin-Music-CD-Changer-for-Lexus-Toyota-/281130933020?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item4174b59b1c

BT module

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Handsfree-Car-Kits-For-Yatour-Digital-Music-Changer-or-iPod-Car-Adapt-/200922893553?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ec7f00cf1

nice!

I have the lexus audio grom lead in mine but without sat nav so no probs there. very expensive part but well worth it as the output quality is superb.

luxury and elegance! :shifty:

Looks like a very good price, few questions

Did it come with the splitter cable or did you pay extra?

How good is the sound quality as I'm a strong believer of you get what you pay for?

Still waiting to here back to whether they will send me the splitter cable free or not

Havent had it long enough to really test it properly to compare against CD quality, i mean i havent actually driven since fitting it. Im with you on that point which was the reason i got it, in term of the technology itself, but being cheaper than others the components may well be cheaper and im a bit of a audiophile myself - so will report back...bearing in mind CD quality has a much higher sample rate than a compressed file format, unless ripped from a lesser source

Well i tested the IPOD and a CD with same track (ashes to ashes if anyones wondering) and im glad to report i cannot tell between the two. The CD was burnt from the same audio file as the IPOD at 192kbps to test souly the Yatour audio against CD therefore used same file source. Hope this helps

The ppl i bought it off also provide splitter with purchase but i didnt specify i had NAV. but they told me that the IS200 isnt specified as compatible, but i assured them if it fits IS300 it will fit IS200 lol. They are going to send it out

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links