Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mega Change!

I am saying goodbye to my beautiful F for 4 reasons!!!!!

One of my kids needs help.

F has held it's value surprisingly well as there have been very few " Mk2" registrations.

Commuting on motorways was so exciting my licence could so easily be lost----silly I know, but so hard to resist in the twilight hours.

In Mercury Grey, the 300h F-Sport is stunning & there is reference to the LFA to constantly remind me of my ISF whilst generating cash for the above!

Sleepless nights are so challenging-----excitement & sadness in heaps are the probable reason as the Deal all happened in 24hrs!

Tel

What did you think of the drive train on your test drive Tel?

Last weekend I tried the 300h F-Sport back to back with the 250. I was really impressed with the smoothness of the 250 and the similarity of the gearbox to the IS-F. I think the IS350 would be a real hoot, if they bothered bringing it here.

The best word I can use to describe the 300h is 'odd'. Like the 250 I liked the whole ambience, ride, quality, comfort and superb seats, but the CVT / electric / petrol combination felt strange. I tried the 'artifical' gears using the paddles, but it wouldn't hold it in gear to the red line. I can really see the point of the car, but it still felt quite a way off the performance of the IS220d.

However, the feeling of integrity of the car does bode well for the new IS-F / RC-F though.

Anyone else tried the 300h?

The real reason I went over was to have a good look at the LF-A though. Lexus Chester had one on show as it is up this way to be part of Car Fest North at Oulton Park this weekend. It was great to sit in it and find my 6ft 5in frame fitting nicely. Hearing it rev to the red line was a double bonus.

Same as you with the 300h. Even though the cvt is the future for gearboxes I didn't like it. Oh and it felt so slooooowwww after the ISF :) and lets not even talk about the sound. I'd rather have the 250 if I was changing.

In Sport Mode, the 300h F-Sport is a decent performer & is the most powerful IS in the Uk. & will still return excellent fuel consumption.

In F- format, the 300h.looks the part & the drive is SO creamy smooth it has taken the model up-stage yet again in ambiance, Build Quality.,ride & handling.

CVT in Auto was fine & I never experienced any lag so, for me, it is a return to a more conservative yet spirited drive.

My ISF will be forever the best small performance saloon on the Planet & any direct comparison with my new ride is futile.

Tel

Yes, the 300h was silky smooth and realxing, especially in 'eco' with the aritificial sound maker set to off. I'm not sure I can honestly comment on mpg as I had my foot mashed to the floor much of the time in Sport mode. I was impressed how comfy the F-Sport set up was too.

The 300h is certainly a massive improvement over the turkey they call the CT200h. If they keep improving in such leaps and bounds, we could see a genuine hybrid IS-F in 5-8 years.

Do please keep us posted on how it runs Tel; I suspect many of us may find ourselves following you into hybrids over the next years and I'd be keen to hear about the whole ownership proposition.

Couple of points-----the ISFesq Auto G/box is only fitted to the latest IS350.

The CVT transmission in Auto/sport is syrupy smooth so why bother with Paddle Mode.

Eco Mode is Prius,Sport Mode is for Eco Power Warriors like me-----if I get mid-40's I will be thrilled.

Tel

Surprised you think it's held its value, my dealer offered me a derisory offer on a 9 month old car of £28k need although they do seem very strong at the moment.

Matt,

As you say timing is everything & the IS F-Sport was sitting in the Showroom with 18" 10-Spoke alloys shod with 35/255 rear tires./nav/leather/ML in Mercury Grey/Black interior. it was month-end & my Supercar was glued to my side.The rest is history.& am

gradually changing to Eco Power Mode.

Tel

Surprised you think it's held its value, my dealer offered me a derisory offer on a 9 month old car of £28k need although they do seem very strong at the moment.

For some reason the dealers are offering a good 5k less than the current values. Are they just getting greedy? May be not making as much on the new stuff anymore.

I'd probably loose around 8k on mine that I've had for 9 months.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links