Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Snow Mode

Hi guys,

So I've noticed some people like to drive with their snow mode on as it helps with fuel consumption?

So I thought let me give this a go. When I switch it on, I feel like the car has gotten much heavier so I have to rev a bit more than usual?

Is this normal??

I gave it a few days, but I'm not really convinced to be honest!

The snow button simply changes the throttle response of the pedal. The throttle in the IS is electronically assisted, and the snow button reduces the amount of assistance given to the throttle, making it feel much heavier, and (naturally) less responsive. It won't make much, if any, difference to your mpg, as it doesn't lessen the power output of the engine. Some people claim they do see an improvement when using it constantly, personally I think it's a placebo effect and any difference seen is down to them being much more conscious of their driving, as opposed to the snow button making the actual difference.

• Like 1

I find the throttle quit sensitive on the IS200, that might be just me though, my wife disagrees but shes driven more autos than me. so with me and snow on i find i have more control over the pedal and prevent more gas than i need thus giving better economy especially on takeoff or slow moving traffic -

It's not just you - it's very easy to over-rev the IS at low speeds such as pull-away, parking, and even from 1st to 2nd changes (manual, obviously). If I'm crawling in traffic, or parking on a slope, or reverse parking into a space from a right angle, I tend to flick the snow button to on, as it makes the throttle response slower, and "cleaner" - basically more accurate. But for day to day driving, here and there, I just don't bother as I've not noticed any discernible difference in fuel economy with it on or off

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links