Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye Is250 & Hello Is300H

After 5 years very happy ownership it's time to bring in a replacement. An F Sport 300h to be exact :driving:

I have thoroughly enjoyed the 250 and the whole Lexus experience. I have never, in 30 years of motoring bought the same marquee twice in succession. It's also the first time I have bought a brand new model, which I confess I am a tad nervous about having seen so many posts over the years about the early gen2 problems with rattles etc etc.

The 250 is hopefully going to a colleague who will look after her, and roll on the 2nd September, it can't come quick enough.

Here's a pic of the actual car I've bought:

post-26582-0-72314700-1376858087_thumb.j

I think the colour combo is perfect.

I've not been a particularly frequent poster of late but wish you all well as I sidle over to the other forum :whistling:

congrats.. it does look very nice in that colour

Thank you. I wonder if it will be any better in the snow than the 250! Your profile pic brings back memories of leaving the car until the white stuff thawed, and as I live in the second highest point in Surrey it's a while. Although I appreciate I'm only a soft Southener :)

I saw an F Sport IS300h in my local dealer in the same colour and it did look stunning. Good luck with her and jealous. I'd be interested to know your driving impressions of the IS300h compared to the IS250 V6. Thanks.

I saw an F Sport IS300h in my local dealer in the same colour and it did look stunning. Good luck with her and jealous. I'd be interested to know your driving impressions of the IS300h compared to the IS250 V6. Thanks.

I will certainly report back. I drove the Premier and liked it, I'm definitely no expert but it felt, well, tighter, is the word I would use. It was a reasonably long drive and I don't remember thinking how different it sounded, given that it's CVT and all the reports I've heard about it whining.

Enjoy.....and give us all loads of write-ups and reports on your findings.

I will, I promise. I'm a tad nervous having always said I'd never A) buy a new car and B) never buy a brand new model until all the wrinkles had been ironed out!

Oh well!

Drool....health to enjoy! Beautiful big car!

I think thats my next car, I will have to wait for 2-3 years until they come down to my budget!

Make that 6 or 7 to get down to mine......................drool drool too!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here she is on the drive at last.

post-26582-0-24062600-1378292597_thumb.j

post-26582-0-56146400-1378292773_thumb.j

And an inside shot:

post-26582-0-22463200-1378292805_thumb.j

One I particularly like is this one:

post-26582-0-54880400-1378292858_thumb.j

It reminds me of the mpg I'm getting!

There's a nice little forum building up for the 300h, but for those of you here, my first impression are - awesome. :driving::driving::driving::driving::driving:

I spent a very happy 5 years in my IS250 SE MM, which has gone to a colleague.

Mine is the F Sport with leather and Nav. Sonic Titanium with Dark Rose (or silver & red!).

The handling is superb, the comfort just excellent, the gizmo's just as you'd expect. I've only done 100 miles so early days but I absolutely love it. Even Mrs DJP commented and it has to be special to extract that!

The reviews I'd read moaning about the noise (or lack of) from the engine are, IMHO, complete nonsense unless you were after a V8 growl. It's quiet, a sort of electrical whirr on slowing down, nothing to worry about at all.

It draws some admiring stares and I can't wait to get behind the wheel. It's definitely quicker than my old 250, which I don't think was a slow car by any means, as I say I had 5 years very very happy motoring.

I know this is not the 300h forum but am happy to keep this post running if it helps, or PM, whatever.

It's just fabulous!

Congrats and thank you for sharing the pictures with us. The car looks fantastic.

The IS300h will be attracting a lot of people over from other marques, hence your perspective as an ex IS250 owner is valuable for all of us that may upgrade eventually.

Keep them posts coming.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links