Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pc

BESTY

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DO NOT USE MCAFEE!!!

1. I hate it

2. it's  :tsktsk:

3. Our complete network was protected with it, and i still managed to get infected last week (all up to date etc..)

Get Norton Antivirus, it may cost a bit more, but is well worth it!

I'm looking for customer testimonials at the moment Ian, guess you won't be up for that! If you've any comments you want me to pass to the powers that be, let me know.

(Only 3 weeks left before I leave for pastures new!!!)

i heard about norten antivirus,where do i buy that :)

If you want to do it on the cheap buy it via the net, you can buy it at PC World, DABS.com, Staples, and most PC shops will sell them.

Mr Hickman I still stand by my ant microsoft stance. Most IT bods I work with wont use IE Outlook for the reason I wont and we find very few sites now that will not work Netscape, Mozillia or Opera. However more sites fail with the Mozillia ( and Netscape 6 upwards) but netscape comunicator is fine. I am currently using LOC with Netscape 7.1 no problems.

As a software tester it is amazing how many bugs are in MS products, if our company released software like that we would have no customers. Microsoft have excellent marketing departmnts.

As for MaCafee Clare, I dont think it is that bad why else would compannies like IBM use it in facr I have an old copy and MaCaffe were good with the updates.

Well after reading about this virus on the microsoft site.. I feel o.k as it seem the virus does not attack windows ME..

Well i hope thats the case anyway..

I use AVG which is a free download..and have never had any problems

Jac

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DO NOT USE MCAFEE!!!

1. I hate it

2. it's  :tsktsk:

3. Our complete network was protected with it, and i still managed to get infected last week (all up to date etc..)

Get Norton Antivirus, it may cost a bit more, but is well worth it!

I'm looking for customer testimonials at the moment Ian, guess you won't be up for that! If you've any comments you want me to pass to the powers that be, let me know.

(Only 3 weeks left before I leave for pastures new!!!)

i heard about norten antivirus,where do i buy that :)

PC World :unsure:

ta mate :)

Or if you want the whole kit & kaboodle, my folks just bought a new PC and told them they needed AV & firewall etc as ADSL and bought Norton Internet Security 2003 for £50, it contains:

Personal Firewall

Intrusion Detection

Privacy Protection

Anti-Virus

Spam & Web Filtering

Superb Product at cheap price, maybe we should try and get a group buy lol :mat:

I too recommend Zonealarm, version 4 is out now and norton 2003 too, it has recycle bin protection too (very handy) like its been said before always keep your virus definitions in norton up to date to avoid getting viruses!

Norton has a good reputation.

I met the guy once and he is very very clever. Well clued up. We use McAfee at work and its poo. Always getting things.

Point about MS full of bugs, and I am in now way a lover of MS, but when you have a product which is sold on such a large basis, any bugs get picked up more regularly. I am sure a lot of other programs are just as bad, but cos they aren't used as much and as hard, they don't get picked up.

Things slip through as companies have to meet market deadline etc. Just look at the mobile phone market! Nowadays they let the customers do the user trials and fix them after!!

How serious am I getting in my old age! :yawn:

Hi Guys

i work for an AntiVirus firm.

our product is not as well known in retail, as we are mainley a corporate supplier, but we have just launced a home user version.

We are at the moment giving away a 6 month trial with updates, on the latest issue of PC Plus

magazine.

our website is www.command.co.uk

becuase our product is a corporate product the size of the product is very small (does not slow your machine down, update are very small). the whole product is only 8 MB.

Raj.

Mr Hickman I still stand by my anti-microsoft stance. Most IT bods I work with wont use IE Outlook for the reason I wont and we find very few sites now that will not work Netscape, Mozillia or Opera. However more sites fail with the Mozillia ( and Netscape 6 upwards) but netscape comunicator is fine. I am currently using LOC with Netscape 7.1 no problems.

I was talking about browsers, not email packages.

The company I work for uses the very secure Netscape Messenger for email (since MS Outlook is fundamentally flawed and commonly abused), but we still use IE for browsing. You cannot get a common virus from purely browsing. I say common because I know there is a way to infect machines via browsing alone. :ohmy: This is slowly-but-surely becoming common knowledge and it will not be long before the copy-cat "virus" writers are using pre-written packages to create hybrid duplicates of this ability too! Believe me, not all virus writers do damage... infact most people paid to do the job make the average-joe-public-PC-user's life a lot easier!

The only reason IE is so popular is because Micro$oft packaged it up as a freebie browser with Windows. If IE was a product which was sold independently from Windows then Micro$oft would not have a ~97% monopoly in the browser market... because IE is not as good as Netscape Communicator and Micro$oft know it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links