Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Aftermarket Alloys? Help Needed Asap :)

Funky_Monkey

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of putting some aftermarket alloys on my IS200 ( These in particular: http://tinyurl.com/o257mdv but in silver )

Currently my car is sitting on sport suspension, I've found a set of the alloys with good tread left on them and the tyres are 235/45 17 and the offset of the alloys are 53. My question is would these cause any problems with stock sport suspension?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Even with the correct bore, no, since the high offset is another hurdle that still needs to be overcome.

I believe those wheels are 8" wide, and the only way they'll fit on the front is if you use spacers to lower the offset.

Due to the shape of the arm that connects the upper and lower wishbones, you need an offset of around +40 to clear it with an 8" wheel. My wheels are 8x17 et45 and I need a 5mm spacer to avoid contact with it.

In a nutshell, you could make those wheels fit, but it won't be straightforward, or cheap.

Yep, along with boring out the centres. The only thing then would be whether the tyres would rub on the wheel arch or not.

With the spacers, the front wheels will be very close to flush, possibly even poking a few mm, and a 235/45 is a pretty meaty size to have on the front. So, you might need to get your arches rolled, or fit a narrower tyre.

All I can seem to find is spacers priced around £100 for 2 hubcentric ones.. Does this seem right?.. Would a set of universal ones work until I can pay the amount for the proper ones?

As for the tyres rubbing is there anything I could do about that? The tyres are basically new so don't really want spend a fortune changing them just yet.

Thanks for all the help and sorry if the questions sound dumb I'm new to alloys.. This is my first car with them xD

13mm should be fine. That would bring the offset out to +40 which is the same as I have. My tyres are 225/45R17 and I've heard them rub a few times when cornering hard, but just on the plastic liner inside the wheel well, not the actual bodywork. Since you're not as low you might get away with the 235s.

Keep us updated. :)

Well I've ordered the spacers at 13mm with correct spigot and bore sizes and should get them Monday hopefully.. Now I'll need some replacement studs also, does anyone know what size studs I'll need or the size of the current studs?

Also this may sound really stupid but I believe the stud size on the sti alloys are 12x1.25? Would I be better off fitting 12x1.25 studs or sticking with 12x1.5? (Think these numbers are right but I'm just learning :) )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links