Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Springs And Dampers

Zackpn

Eibach Pro-Kit springs & KYB dampers are a great combo for a daily driver.

The car handles bends, dips and bumps much better and feels more planted on the road, plus the ride comfort is largely unaffected so it still feels like a Lexus to drive. The drop is around 30mm which keeps the camber within spec.

Here's how my car sits.

IS200-30_zpscde7c601.jpg

Eibach Pro-Kit springs & KYB dampers are a great combo for a daily driver.

The car handles bends, dips and bumps much better and feels more planted on the road, plus the ride comfort is largely unaffected so it still feels like a Lexus to drive. The drop is around 30mm which keeps the camber within spec.

Here's how my car sits.

IS200-30_zpscde7c601.jpg

perfect drop for the perfect colour! :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all im not looking to upgrade just replace I have snapped my drivers road spring I have the is 200 sport I have heard its a different spring to an se and s as its lower is this correct and if so how much are they and do you replace them in pairs? Any help would be appreciated

Ok not to happy not having much luck on eBay or maybe its just me.tried local after market places ek brakes etc only list one spring for the whole is range and its gonna cost around 250.00 ish for both front springs from my nearest lexus dealer not sure what to do been looking at the posts on here abou eibach springs but I once lowered a bmw I had by 60mm front and 40 rear and the ride was awfull anyone have some suggestions as I dont have alot to spend

It'll be about £250 for Eibach springs too, but at least you'll be getting 4 of them.

And trust me, the ride is far from awful. The springs are progressive rate and only really firm up when under heavy loads. During normal driving I doubt they'd feel any stiffer than Lexus Sport springs.

Ok not to happy not having much luck on ebay or maybe its just me.tried local after market places ek brakes etc only list one spring for the whole is range and its gonna cost around 250.00 ish for both front springs from my nearest lexus dealer not sure what to do been looking at the posts on here abou eibach springs but I once lowered a bmw I had by 60mm front and 40 rear and the ride was awfull anyone have some suggestions as I dont have alot to spend

Iv got 2x sport front springs and dampers £75.00 posted with dampers so just drop the whole unit off?

thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No. They're not quite a straight fit.

Reason being, the front suspension has a banana-shaped arm that connects the top and bottom wishbones, and about halfway up it there's a kind of "knuckle" that sticks out a few mm that will foul the wider IS250 wheel. If you remove one of your front wheels you should see what I'm on about.

You can either grind down that knuckle (it's just a raised piece of metal that doesn't seem to serve any purpose), or use a 5mm wheel spacer to ensure the wheel runs freely. I took the latter route.

They fit on the rear axle no problem though without any spacers or modifications. You can use your normal IS200 wheel nuts too.

Note, that this only applies to the 17" IS250 wheels. The 18's will go on without any issue at all since they're taller and avoid any contact with the suspension.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links