Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help Identifyng Part In Ls430 Rear Suspension

bazza59

Hi my first post here - I checked existing threads but couldn't find my answer.

I have 2002 LS 430.

Has been off road for 12 months. Local mechanic putting it back on road for me.

Back suspension lying low. He found a broken rod that connects the electronic modulated suspension unit to the wishbone (vehicle rear left). The rod is about 9cm long - has swivel joints with bolt fittings at each end. Part seems to be cast aluminium.

Trip to local ( and only) dealer in Belfast identifiied part I need to be included in the electronic modulated suspension assembly (89408D). Rod I need was not available for purchase independently of the assembly. Assembly costs £365 inc VAT! Expensive for the little rod!

Does anybody know

part number for rod - so I can chase it down on internet

any suggestions for after market purchase - I am trying breakers but no luck so far.

many thanks Barry

Hi Barry,

Failure of this type of link is a fairly common problem throughout the Lexus/Toyota range. Solutions to this problem have in the past ranged from the use of meat skewers to fully engineered replacement links. My own solution is shown below, and a number of other posters have arrived at similar solutions over the years. You may care to investigate Part No 48906-60010, which is a Landcruiser item of similar, and possibly identical dimensions. This item is currently available on eBay for about £60, but may well be available elsewhere far cheaper. Any competent enginer can manufacture one of these links quickly and cheaply.

Regards, Alan

post-18429-0-66480500-1378466652_thumb.j

breaker won't be able to give me a price until Monday.

Scanning through other threads it looks to me that the SGS part to cure the LS400 rear ride height sensor arm is an identical part?

Hi Steve,

thanks for offer, but I just purchased the ride height sensor from SGS Engineering. (Should I have told SGS that I am a LOC member?). The breaker was v slow getting back to me but of course he called an hour after I made the purchase at SGS.

Good to know its the correct part.

Should arrive 2moro - mechanic to fit it on Thursday and hopefully the rear end will arise!

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links