Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Help Please...

Shaunyb23

Hi, I have just joined this site as i have just brought my first IS200se ( I love it :D )

The car is fine but im abit confused...

The car as the standard radio (6cd changer one) But by the Gear stick there is a remote...Ive changed battieres in it and still no joy,so looked on eBay and its ment to be a sat nav remote..And it fits into the sat nav holder (Buy the handbrake...)

So all i want to know is...Does this come with all the lexus`s or did it have a sat nav at some point or as it just been put there to `look good`

MAny thanks in advance...

My car is a 2000 Lexus IS200 SE

Thank you :D

P.S - As i have just joined...Thought it be nice to say...HELLO :D

Hi and welcome to LOC. :)

Only cars fitted with sat nav have the nav controls near the handbrake. Ate you sure yours doesn't have nav? It's at the top of the center console not where the stereo is. there's a button says open/close on one side and tilt on the other. Or do you just have an empty space there?

You'll need to lift the floor mat in the boot and look to the rear rhs of the spare wheel. There you 'should' see a what looks like the tray of a cd player. If it aint there you probably never had it.

It is a massive job to refit..and not worth it.

A £120 Tom Tom unit will be streets ahead and you will have things like postcode entry.

hi i dont know if my last post showed up as this laptop is abit s....

Well i looked in the boot as you said and there is like a cd deck kinda of thing and says navigation system on it.Am i right thinking this is the control panal?

Anyway,how do i remove the sat nav holder,and what goes there in its place?

Many thanks or all your help so far..

P.S - Is therre still a market for my sat nav bits or is it something that will stay in the shed for many years? As im taking the radio out because it dont work its got the err3 message

One of these replaces it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-99-06-Centre-Console-Storage-Tray-Coin-Box-/320791887677?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab0afbf3d

centre console is easy to remove, theres 2 screws in armrest, one either side of console towards front, and 2 behind gear lever surround. the holder itself is held in with 4 screws.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

But if i was to find a cheep sat nav screen,would it just be plug and play or would i have to sync or something to register on the car?

Thanks once again...No doubt i be back on here soon with another problem,as im unlucky like that...But least these fourm as great freidnly people with spot on advice cheers :D

hi before you go spending money try and ascertain if the module in the boot works first,then there's the issue of the front screen,not to talk of getting the disc for it.Furthermore if you do decide to get any bits make sure they are from a car of the same year as the earlier sat nav cars had a remote but no centre console menu and the later models had the centre console menu and no remote.Personally I wouldn't bother as just not worth the hassle,but no harm in trying if you want to.

• 5 weeks later...

i forgot about this post,i did have a look in the end...and yeh it was a sat nav model but i decided to take it all out.I dont really use a sat nav much and plus it would of no doubt needed updating lol.

But yeh thank you everyone for your help...and erm...i got some sat nav buts lying around if any one intrested..Even got a gen lexus cd/dvd in there too :O haha thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links