Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gs300 Warm Up Time

bigmart

hi there

I`m currently doing trips to buy a gs 300 I`ve currently looked at a few but things need doing to them plus no history or master key

Can you tell me from experience as new to these cars how long it should take from cold for the water temp to settle at halfway on the temp gauge

one that I`ve seen took about 5 mins to get from cold to halfway the others towards 10 mins

to be honest on other cars I`d be borrowing my mates sniffer kit to check if headgasket is going warming relatively quickly.

cheers

depends on how warm or cold the weather is to be honest. mine has the same engine and drive train as the GS and on a warm day takes roughly 5-10 mins and on a cold snowing day might exceed 10 mins but havenet actually timed it to the second. I would only panick if the temp guage is not sitting in the normal or middle position after say 20mins of driving but wont bother on how long it takes to warm up so long as it stays in the middle...

cheers for the info noby76

kinda puts my mind at rest it was a warmish day yesterday when i test drove the car.

the gauge never moved from half way or i guess normal after a good 45 mins test drive still learning about these cars

back out again this afternoon got a message from a guy I work with his grandad is selling his gs300. fingers crossed

That's the kind of car I like, owned by an elderly person who probably does very little mileage has it serviced regularly and probably like to get the polish out at the weekend.

Still needs checking over carefully of course,stereotyping can have it's exceptions :)

cheers steve2006

just waiting for a phone call from the old man has he calls him??.

info i`ve got is it`s an s-plate but on private at the mo it has 120k on clock f.s.h unfortunately not all lexus but 11 stamps are lexus last service at 119,200

cambelt changed at 100k mostly driven by his wife road tax is disable owned for a few years.

the mileage on the mot`s is showing 107k miles in 2005 so basically not a lot of ,miles been done.

the downside is his grandad has mislaid probably lost the main key with the boot release on

sounds good though up at £1400 hoping to get him down

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links