Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up my Lexus this afternoon after Profess Autogas installed an LPG system, and I have to say, I can't feel any difference in the performance at all.

Looking forward to lot's of economical and enjoyable motoring.

Now for my question !

The central speaker on the rear parcel shelf seems to have thrown in the towel !

It is vibrating with the base notes, and yes I know it wouldn't make a noise at all if it didn't vibrate. LoL

To remove the offending speaker, do I prise off the cover from within the car or must I access it from inside the boot / trunk ?

Cheers Guys.

Yes, the subwoofer cover is prised off from inside the car. There are two clips on each side. Then the speaker can be unscrewed with a 10mm (I think) socket.

I think my sub may be faulty too. Any ideas where you're going to source a new one from?

My first stop for a replacement speaker would be a place called Richersounds in Leicester, once they have briefed me I'll do what I always do, trawl the web !

Once I source a high quality unit I'll make it known here.

Cheers.

Bear in mind that the stock sub is a 'free air' or 'infinite baffle' sub. Designed to work without needing a box. They are quite rare to find. Also I cant remember if the OEM amp is 2 ohm or 4. Check the american site ClubLexus as they have all the info and potential replacements there (in the FAQ thread i think)

Here are a few pictures of the LPG Install as promised.

post-48279-0-48450400-1381315791_thumb.j

That is the finished view with the Flash Lube just behind the DS Headlight.

post-48279-0-37044100-1381315956_thumb.j

With the cover off one can see the Exchange Unit ( I think it's called that ) to the right of the Brake Fluid bottle. Then the Filter, cable tied to the bulkhead, and in blue, the Injectors.

post-48279-0-79784600-1381316745_thumb.j

Close up of the Exchange Unit.

post-48279-0-63758700-1381316293_thumb.j

The curb side bank of Injectors, very neat.

post-48279-0-20718200-1381316422_thumb.j

The CPU hides nicely under an existing cover above the NS wheel arch.

post-48279-0-22106700-1381316561_thumb.j

Close up of the Flash Lube bottle.

So there you have it, Stag LPG system fitted, with a Lifetime "Parts & Labour" Guarantee.

The work has been done to a high standard, as far as this layman can see,

two minor criticisms,

1. The Toroidal tank sits a little high, I accept and expected that, however, having checked underneath the car I noticed that the spare wheel housing is actually concave, had that been knocked down the tank would have sat with the floor panel where it should be, flush.

( Someone is bound to say, don't be silly that can't be done.) LoL

2. Had I not mentioned it and supplied the paint the filler cap would have been black, as it was I had to mask up and apply a second coat anyway.

Nit Picking I know, but that's the whole story, so far !

Nice and neat.

Omvl vaporiser and omvl injectors

It's good that you have a lifetime warranty cos those injectors have rubber seals in and tend to break down

Not a problem if it's under warranty though so don't worry about it

Hope it runs smooth for you

It's much better than the recent work we have seen

I'm impressed !!!

Yes, the subwoofer cover is prised off from inside the car. There are two clips on each side. Then the speaker can be unscrewed with a 10mm (I think) socket.

I think my sub may be faulty too. Any ideas where you're going to source a new one from?

If the problem with the speaker is just that the cone has gone you can get it re-coned. Mike

Nice neat job & good to see the standard of workmanship hasn't gone downhill without Leon cracking the whip.

I will be there next weekend for my 10,000 mile service as I am passing on the way to see my Mum. Mine hasn't missed a beat in 10,000 miles since converted properly in March.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links