Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hmmph

altezzaz

I don't seem to have much luck with the head units in these cars - the original japanese one got angry one day and started chewing discs so I got rid of that one, picked another up at the scrap yard and found it didn't fit, after a month of arguing with owner I got him to take it back and for him to get me one that did fit, only to find that it was absolutely knackered, sent it off for a refurb - 250 quid later I get it back... and now it's gone wrong again, and the company only warranty the repairs for 3 months (and yet Lexus do it for 4 years....) :o

Should I get it fixed again or get a new unit? Are there any other decent double din in dash changers?

Ta

Hey Altezzas nice avatar! :winky:

Personally I would get an aftermarket MP3 player then you could put 10-20 albums on one disc and wont need a changer!

If you wanted to go down the double din route get a HU and a slave unit (MD player - Kenwood) but I take it you want a cd changer in dash jobbie

Then.......

Blaupunkt do one:

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/idc_a09.asp

or VDO

http://www.firebond.co.uk/icemart/itm00070.htm

How much does a NEW lexus one cost??

...a new one... costs about 800 quid - can't exactly afford a new one every year!

Thanks for the links (and the piccy! :D ) - but I don't think 2.8 secs anti shock is enough in the car so it would have to be the blaupunkt one, but then there's the head unit and fitting on top of that...

What sort of damage am I looking at?

I dont know whether Blaupunkt are at the top end of car stereos but I know that Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood are the better manufacturers of stereo.

It all depends on whether you really have to have a CD changer in the dash!

If it were my decision I would probably go for a mp3 player and if need be a changer in the glove box. As you are probably aware not many manufacturers tend to make in dash cd changers. I recall Alpine do a 3 disc single DIN unit one. otherwise you're limited to a Blaupunkt HU and the Blaupunkt slave (disc changer) £200 for HU and £165 for changer and about £50-60 for installing it I reckon...........

Thanks Zee, would really like a UK spec radio though - I don't usually listen to radio 2 at all so could do without it appearing 3 times across the frequency spectrum....

Kavey is throwing in the FM band expander too though.......... ;)

hmmm, gotta say, I'm interested in Kaveys stereo.. any ideas where I'd get the surround DIN for it?

I guess i'd need a wiring diagram too, suppose you would have to bypass the internal amp, probably replace the speakers too...

hmmm, but pre-outs... mmmm sub...

hmmm, gotta say, I'm interested in Kaveys stereo.. any ideas where I'd get the surround DIN for it?

I guess i'd need a wiring diagram too, suppose you would have to bypass the internal amp, probably replace the speakers too...

hmmm, but pre-outs... mmmm sub...

Ian,

Have a look at this thread for deatils on DIN converters from Autoleads

Have a look at this thread for single/double din dash kits

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links