Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

OMG is Mr BB almost happy with his infotainment system? I think he is you know :hohoho: :geek:

Shocking but true. Phone works perfectly now the Hotspot is off, and the traffic works perfectly via the Huawei E5220 mifi I got from fleabay. Currently on the 30day data sim I had from 3, but it's a bit expensive after that, so will unlock the mifi and move to GiffGaff data sim. It's still a fiver a month but my sanity is happy to pay for that :D

Only bug I can see now is that I cannot delete any of the memory points I've added to the nav, but not going to lose any sleep over that one.

OMG is Mr BB almost happy with his infotainment system? I think he is you know :hohoho: :geek:

Shocking but true. Phone works perfectly now the Hotspot is off, and the traffic works perfectly via the Huawei E5220 mifi I got from fleabay. Currently on the 30day data sim I had from 3, but it's a bit expensive after that, so will unlock the mifi and move to GiffGaff data sim. It's still a fiver a month but my sanity is happy to pay for that :D

Only bug I can see now is that I cannot delete any of the memory points I've added to the nav, but not going to lose any sleep over that one.

It's good that you are finally getting there! Why can't you delete the memory points?

We are both retired, so only need a fraction of what all you guys need that are on the road every day. All I want is for my car to link to my phone via Bluetooth everytime I get in the car. It works OK for a few days then it just stops working. I have the latest software, my dealer has been great but there is no more they can do.

This is my 4th IS and this connection issue is rubbish and not up to the standards of the rest of the car. I have today sent a complaint to Lexus UK through their website, will unlikely make any differance but it made me feel better having a moan.

Everybody needs to do it.

information@ld.lexus.co.uk

Hi Richard, what phone do you have? I have since found my phone issue was because of my phone and not because of the car (Iphone 5 here)

DJP, they simply will not delete? You go to memory points, select the delete option, chose the point to delete and click delete, it then simply does nothing?

Sorry apple man here so have no idea about Android. If you have 2 of them though both doing the same it strikes me as much phone as the car? Can you not borrow another make as a test? All I know is to be fully compatible your phones Bluetooth must support HFP (Hands Free Profile)

Hi Richard, what phone do you have? I have since found my phone issue was because of my phone and not because of the car (iphone 5 here)

DJP, they simply will not delete? You go to memory points, select the delete option, chose the point to delete and click delete, it then simply does nothing?

That memory point issue must be a new bug introduced by one of the updates! I'm still on 'D' and tested it again yesterday. Followed the process you describe above and no problem. Crazy.

Well 2 weeks on and 1500 miles driven and the phone has been absolutely perfect without the hotspot on at the same time. I never realised how important this was in my working life until the car kit didn't work 100% of the time.

Traffic working fine on the mifi device too, on giffgaff which uses O2 and the network is a bit hit and miss but no worse than the vodafone my Iphone was on. Still get a few "download cannot be done" messages but on freq update it will catch up.

Went to work yesterday taking the exact journey-end route to the underground car-park & because of the one-way system my Nav never completes the set journey,

Yesterday as I descended the Car park ramp M said I had reached My Destination-----a surprising up-grade from a Satellite!

Secondly can you change the Night screen Colours as the purple arrow on the Black Screen is not crystal clear.

Tel

Glad you've got it working BB.

OT - I've now changed from Vodadone to EE and its 3G and 4G coverage is fantastic so far. Never dropped below 3G all the way down the M6 from Carlisle to Liverpool. Failed download messages on traffic are few and far between now.

Spoke too soon, all the connected services functions have just died and I cannot get them back again.

Was working fine, but next morning no traffic updates, parking icon is greyed out and streetview and photo app functions are all greyed out too. I haven't changed anything and all I get on the screen is "connection not possible id=00" or id=d6 or id=c3 or id=d4, none of which I know what they mean.

Looking up addresses using google in the sat nav was working up till today and now that doesn't work either, and now the Bluetooth has gone on the blink where today I had no sound at all in the car with the phone connected and working.

I've tried a few reboots of the system and phone all to no avail. Version E of the software which was working fine. Any ideas anyone?

I had zero traffic yesterday and there were a lot of holdups on the M6 but it was fine again today driving up to Glasgow.

I always test connected services by pressing the Street View icon as I set my destination and then you can tell if you are connected to the internet or not.

Did you get any msgs yesterday BB while without traffic? I did wonder if the connected services service was down for a time. I've got internet connection on phone and car is connected to phone WiFi hotspot, but just these id=## msgs.

I can get into the street view icon, but all the options on it at greyed out, no errors,no msgs. Stumped and frustrated.

OK, I've fixed this and its working again, but only by deleting the phone pair and WiFi config, rebooting it and starting again. Appears the WiFi config it had was incorrect even though it connected and showed up correctly. Don't know why it did it, but hey ho.....

Very little traffic coming home tonight, but once internet traffic activated it did show Strong Winds which I guess it got from the matrix signs.

Yep I saw the strong wind msg tonight coming over Thelwall viaduct on M6 - I had a chuckle as it shows a little umbrella symbol for high winds!

I tell you what is not working and I don't think it has since the firmware update, I no longer get the junctions pop up in the small display as I approach them? Had a scan around and doesn't seem to be an option to turn on and off? It used to work when I was on the original D Firmware. Not the end of the world mind you.

Traffic seems pretty much back to normal, it was pretty spot on getting through the M6/M5 junction this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! Just joining this discussion from The Netherlands with exactly the same problems you mentioned in this discussion. Last month, my new 2014 IS300h was delivered, but in the first day the Navscreen failed. First I tried the update via Mylexus.eu and installed VC03101D. This was much better than the first releases, but I asked my Lexus dealer in the city of Breda for the newest version, and I got the VC03101F sent on a USB-stick.

I managed to install this version via the "complex" method, not via the menu-structure, but via the car-software menu (by turning on and off the lights while pressing the Menu-button). If you are interested, please PM me, so I can send you a copy of the 2 files on the stick! (163 MB)

The SatNav works perfect now, and I've got the feeling that the speed is higher than before. No errors until now!

Unfortunately, I still got the Error id=214 message when trying to log in with the login and password given on my account at Mylexus.eu. I am using an Iphone 6 with iOS 8.1.1. Bluetooth connection is OK, also with a Hotspot, but I can't get the special stuff working, like Streetview etc.

Any ideas?

New update: Yesterday, I updated iOS to 8.1.2. Seemed like a simple update, nothing related with connectivity problems, but it worked for me! This was the first time I managed to connect to the internet through my Lexus EU account! So if you tried before with an Iphone, it could be useful to try again after updating to iOS 8.1.2!

New update: Yesterday, I updated iOS to 8.1.2. Seemed like a simple update, nothing related with connectivity problems, but it worked for me! This was the first time I managed to connect to the internet through my Lexus EU account! So if you tried before with an iPhone, it could be useful to try again after updating to iOS 8.1.2!

Mine connected and worked but just wait till you have to make a call at the same time while the internet connected. Maybe its fixed but this used to drive me mad, the phone was constantly disconnecting.

Since I've installed a little MIFI dongle for the internet the phone has been rock solid as a phone only,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links