Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio / Nav Frustration

Mine is going in for its first service today (2 months after i got it) and I have asked lexus coventry to upgrade the Nav to whatever is the latest level of code. Fingers crossed its an improvement on the version i downlaoded from my lexus a couple of months back

I'm nudging 6000 now in 6 weeks DJP, busy busy!

Steve just so you are not left out, I've put new music on my iPod and the voice system hasn't worked since! Makes no sense, was fine, it's just as full as it was before but I now only get satnav and phone options in the voice system.

Voice control of my Iphone seems hit and miss. One day it's greyed out, next day all is well and I can select tracks through it.😕

Obviously will only work through USB connection and not BT.

I'm nudging 6000 now in 6 weeks DJP, busy busy!

Steve just so you are not left out, I've put new music on my iPod and the voice system hasn't worked since! Makes no sense, was fine, it's just as full as it was before but I now only get satnav and phone options in the voice system.

Hells bells, have you boys ordered your next ones yet!!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

How are you connecting the car to the web? If Iphone you must have the personal hotspot enabled. I do occasionally get that message but press the home button and try again, usually works ok.

I did try the personal hotspot, and also enabled data roaming, although i’m not sure if I needed to enable that one. I don’t get the option to add country and service provider, like the video shows on the portal, so I’m a bit stuck at the moment.

I'm not sure whether it's an Iphone you are using or not, but if it is, does the Iphone show that another device is connected to it? Not all contracts allow tethering. Apologies if you know all this already.

Its an Iphone 4s, I haven’t a clue with all this, although I will check my contract, with regards to tethering, as I didn’t know about that, thanks for the advice, will report back with the results, was all excited last night, setting up a route on the pc then sending it to the car, smallest things!. :)

Just done some research, t-mobile/ee stopped tethering on my plan a couple of years ago, so that may be it, GITS.

That's a shame, I'm with EE and have tethering. You can tell by going to Settings and see if you have a Personal Hotspot option. If you haven't or it's greyed out that means no tethering option.

Tethering is using the phones data connection i.e 3G or wifi, to enable another device, in this case the car, to connect to the web.

I have with the phone contacts, I can make and receive calls etc. I have 3g on and the personal hotspot on, on the phone. It may be the tethering, with regards to my phone contract, I’m going to call T-mobile to clarify. Frustrating.

Tinka - the login and password are case sensitive.

mine updated to Version E today. Nothing appears to have changed that I can see. Same issues remain.

Another strange behaviour to add to the list.......

I have a USB stick plugged in with my music on, which amounts to a few thousand tracks so I often put it on random song playing. However I've noticed whenever I stop the car and then jump back in the play order is stuck on the album that the resuming song comes from. I've updated the software to the latest version but the bug is still there.

Anybody else noticed this?

Hi, I noticed the same. I filled a 64gb stick with music. Whatever song I turn off the car on and get back in, it'll be the same. If you try and jump a track forward it will only go back to the start of the same track. If you wait a minute it will then allow you to jump forward a track in the same album (presume this is cause they are stored in the same folder). If you wait a little longer you will then be able to shuffle though multiple folders.

I expect the reason for this is that the car is trying to "read" the music on the device and only sees it all once completed. It takes about 3 mins to read mine. It is a bit annoying.

After months of frustration with IPod, USB sticks and hard drives (formatted to FAT32) I have finally fixed my iPod 160gb which has 20k songs. I now have immediate access to all tracks in shuffle mode. It is on this forum if you want to view it. Cause was album covers.

Good luck.

Mark

OK - an update on some of the personal testing I've been doing of mine since the update to V3101E software version. :zorro:

• Voice activation - still pretty poor............ or so I thought. I saw what the tech did to get to the service menu when he did the update to version E (with Car power on, hold down menu button, then switch light control ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON/OFF until you see the menu), so I thought I'd have a play and see what there was to look at. Amongst other things, there is a vehicle service/diagnostic menu, which has a number of options, one of which is a Microphone check. This allows you to make a sound/speak and a set of green/red boxes light up if it hears you. Well, if I talk in a normal voice, nothing happens...........BUT IF I SHOUT, I get a response. So, IF I SHOUT DURING VOICE CONTROL IN A CLEAR AND ANNUNCIATED MANNER, I now get a hit rate of about 8/10. :o This makes a whole load of sense and would appear that my car, the microphone gain for the voice control is set way too low, and thus it hears a garbled mess and tries it best to interpret it, which is ...........a garbled mess! I need to feed that back to the dealer and see if there is a way to increase it.
  • Next - Ipod voice. I factory reset my Ipod this afternoon and loaded 2 albums only, from 2 different artists. I made sure nothing else was sync'd and that it was set to not be configured for disk use. Connecting it back to the car and after a few minutes of initialising etc, success! :) I could now say Play Artist <Name> etc etc (WHILST SHOUTING!!), but it works. So next step is to increase the amount of music tracks etc and see at what point it breaks. I have a lot of tracks (8k+)/albums(794)/artists(751) and the itunes data for the tags is in some cases a mess, I wonder if it is because the meta data has odd characters or jumbled data and the Lexus system can't interpret them.
  • Then - Dash PopUp Navigation instructions. This has been hit and miss since I got the car, I've seen them a few times then they disappear, then come back again. Couldn't figure out what the combination of settings/circumstances was. Now I think I now how this works and I could do with others to check and confirm. So it seems to work with Auto Zoom off and PopUps On in the Nav setup menu, Dash menu has Pop-ups On, following a system reset (into service menu and out again by turning car off/on). I wondered if the Voice Guidance in all modes setting affected it, but I have proven it doesn't by getting pop-ups whilst having that setting off and the main screen in the audio page. I'm not completely convinced this is fixed, but a service menu reset of the system seems to bring them back if they fail.

Now, just got to get a result on the Nav MicroSD version with the supplying dealer and I'll be an even happier bunny. <_<

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links