Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Got a bit of a dilemma on replacing the airbag control unit ( under the centre console) for my 1995 GS300.

Local Garage say's it's returning an error code and needs replacement, but I'm having difficulty finding the correct part on the second user parts side - what I need is 89170-30060, but all I could initially find was 89170-30161, which won't fit (wrong connectors).

I have managed to locate a unit with a very similar part no. 89170-30070 and to avoid yet more expense purchasing this on spec and paying for garage fitting time, I had hoped that someone out there might have had similar experience and could advise me

Here's hoping!

Hi,

Got a bit of a dilemma on replacing the airbag control unit ( under the centre console) for my 1995 GS300.

Local Garage say's it's returning an error code and needs replacement, but I'm having difficulty finding the correct part on the second user parts side - what I need is 89170-30060, but all I could initially find was 89170-30161, which won't fit (wrong connectors).

I have managed to locate a unit with a very similar part no. 89170-30070 and to avoid yet more expense purchasing this on spec and paying for garage fitting time, I had hoped that someone out there might have had similar experience and could advise me

Here's hoping!

Second user parts for airbag control unit? How much is a new one?

Hi,

Here's hoping!

Second user parts for airbag control unit? How much is a new one?

Around £500.00!

The 89170-30070 is specified for the Toyota Crown Majestic 91-94 models and the Toyota Aristo 93-97 JDM models so may fit however there is no guarantee.

Some JDM models had only a driver's airbag whereas UK specification models tend to have a passenger airbag also.

Perhaps you could ask the seller to take some decent photographs of the connectors to compare with yours,trouble is being yellow they are not easy to see clearly.

At least it is located under the centre console armrest on the GS300 and not under the ashtray area like the LS400.

BTW what codes have the garage detected, ECU failure is quite rare and it is usually other things like seat detectors,seat belt pretensioners or plain dicky wiring ( especially if the seats have been moved recently)

Apologies for the late response to your replies, was out of action for a few days.

I've decided to take the risk and purchase the unit, as the garage "believe" that the connectors look OK - the supplier sent a photo.

Will let you know how I get on once the unit is receive and fitted.

Just for info the unit (second hand) is costing £30 + postage & VAT.

Thanks for your responses

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links