Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Now Lowered And ... What Else To Do ... Mmm

After lowering it last week.

Today managed to clay bar and machine polish made the most of the day.

Now under the cover.

So hopefully will apply sealant and wax tomorrow

Done so far....

DIY tinting the rear side windows

Paid professional to do the tint of the rear window did not want to risk it lol

Changed the 16" standard alloy wheels to the 18" OZ sport wheels.

Lowered about 30mm with GMax springs.

Now clay baring and ... machine polishing

ToDo

Need to spray and correct the bottom corner edges of the front bumper waiting a good weather to do that.

All around tracking ... need to make a day trip to WIM for that I guess. :)

Change rear lights with the face lifted version

and change the front grill with a sport mesh grill

Find which ABS sensor is acting up ... there is no error just ABS coming in action when braking below 15mph.

From what I understand that GS300 has the same ABS sensors as the IS300, for my IS300 when I needed a front ABS sensor, I got one sensor from a salvaged IS200 just had to shave some plastic off and fitted like a glove. At least I now know I have many salvage options! lol :)

Here are some pictures I took today after the clay barring and lowering.

post-39619-0-54588200-1382810802_thumb.j

post-39619-0-57439400-1382810835_thumb.j

The LS is a great car I must admit.

I think this generation of GS is as beatifully built interior as the similar year LS interior.

Yet in a smaller package lol.

A few years ago had a for a couple of months an LS400 (1997 model) and loved it.

The GS is lovely... wish it was the V8 model, but this was too good to let go, it ticked all the boxes.

That looks smashing!

Was it difficult to lower, and did it take long? How do the Gmax springs ride? Stock shocks?

My car was a stock SE Navigator model

Once I put on the 18" wheels and unfortunatelly they had run on flat Dunlop tyres... the ride compromised a lot, the stock suspension sunddenly felt hard and choppy!

Installing the springs involves to remove all 4 shocks and change the spring like any other car. The front shocks were easy to remove a couple of bolts and nuts and drop it down...

The rear however requiered most of the suspension arms to be unbolted to give the drop of the lower arm so it can be dropped out. (the top end is accessible if you just remove the carpet of the boot interior (quite easy)).

Once the GMax was next to the original spring ... could see the difference, original has like 6 spirals ... where the GMax has 10 spirals for example ...(these are not the exact numbers). Also the Gmax was about 20mm shorter before even putting it on the car.

Once on the car the car lowered about 20-30mm and the ride is way more progressive and softer. It improved the ride by 80% over the stock, The car now just glides over speed bumps and pot holes without any dramas what so ever.

I did not replace the shocks as I do want to do it in stages and maintain a comfortable car. The stock shocks have some life in the still.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links