Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Bumper

mrlukefulton

Hello,

Im installing a reversing sensor and done the wiring and ran it to the boot through the grommet, BUT im trying to do take off the bumper but is there any way to take it off easily? and if you have never done it before would I be able to remove drill the holes and replace it before the end of the day? also the sensors are mat black and my bumpers gloss black, I heard you can lightly spray them, Im thinking maybe model spraying kit might be light enough. any thoughs. sorry about the huge amount of questions.

Luke

Im at the same stage and am wondring if there is a way to to it and avoid taking the bumper off. Did you find a way though the bulkhead? Gonna look today

When Ryann fitted mine and bearing in mind he's never took one off before it took him 2;5 hours start to finish.

I don't think it's possible without taking it off TBH.

yeah i was thinking along those lines but wishful thinking. I bought the kit cheap and its turning into a bigger job than i thought! its all good tho :)

I had a quick look at the bumper and it looks quite straight forward

and Luke regarding the colour, all i can say is what youve been told already. apply and thin coat of paint. and measure twice. did you get a drill bit the perfect size for the sensors? if so you cant really go wrong. Not sure why they are mat black anyway? mine are metallic

I watched this professional do a car on youtube, and it helped me alot (i liked the music too :whistling: ) I think part 1 covers the drilling and measuring, the loom you have already done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glXO4wlIS-Q

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links