Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Beaten By An X5 And Humiliated!

The-Acre

Of course at the age of 61 I should know better, but as we were confessing recently about beating Jags etc. I thought I would chance it with a new BMW X5 on the A24 coming home from London. All went well on the straight, I certainly had the edge, but humiliation came at the roundabout in the wet. We all know the LS is a nightmare in the snow, well they're not much better in the wet. I accelerated before I straitened up and almost lost my rear end. The X5 left me in it's wake!

A lesson learned, remember my limitations! :unsure:

• Like 1

Cant beat AWD. Gives a driver alot of confidence behind the wheel too. A AWD car that is less powerful can often still win a race on a circuit. A RS4 vs a V8 Vantage for example. Its a big market in america, most cars have a AWD option including i think all Lexus models which we dont, in fact BMW have only recently given us xdrive on some bmw models like 3er

Cant beat AWD. Gives a driver alot of confidence behind the wheel too. A AWD car that is less powerful can often still win a race on a circuit. A RS4 vs a V8 Vantage for example. Its a big market in america, most cars have a AWD option including i think all Lexus models which we dont, in fact BMW have only recently given us xdrive on some bmw models like 3er

It'll teach me to behave in the future....I think. My mate has an Audi which really grips the road, but feels like its constantly driving over a cattle grid, so I'll stick with my slippery rear end and smooth ride.

Nothing to be ashamed of ,

My bro has a 07 audi s3 stage 1 running 310bhp and of course 4wd, and although we weren't ready for a 0/60 sprint this x5 just took off from the lights and pretty much kept the same distance throughout, would probably be level if we knew

Turns out it was a x40d

And there's a x50d

Nothing to be ashamed of ,

My bro has a 07 audi s3 stage 1 running 310bhp and of course 4wd, and although we weren't ready for a 0/60 sprint this x5 just took off from the lights and pretty much kept the same distance throughout, would probably be level if we knew

Turns out it was a x40d

And there's a x50d

Is the X40d not a BMW?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links