Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Maybe just a "bad un" as they say but while I have been on the forum I have added to the list of common faults I thought I would put a list together of the faults I have experienced on the one I have

Car is a 250 SE-L 2007 with 72k on the clock with a FSH (bought with 70k on the clock)

Owned since May so have had it just over 6 months.

1/ Fuel starvation issues - BG44 cured (two cans in the past 6 months) £30

2/ Oil filter cap removal problems - needed garaging to get on ramp as cap would not come off £10

3/ Exhaust - car was off the road for almost 6 weeks from start to finish but now done. Long story ! £500

4/ Rear tyres - one slow puncture and one low - replaced with Avons £250

5/ Front tyres - low and will be done in a few weeks time (in time for the snow which the car cant cope with anyway!) £200

6/ Front discs - Warped - need replacing £250

7 / Front pads - Low, doing with the discs £40

8/ Rear passenger caliper and carrier - seized and doing at weekend £320

9 / Rear pads - low and doing at the weekend £40

10/ Rear discs - in a few weeks time £240

11/ Leaky door seal - putting up with for now £?

12/ Front centre speaker panel loose but not rattling - not an issue at the moment £?

13/ Front wiper arms I have noticed are all bubbling with rust. £?

Admittedly a lot of these are wear and tear you would expect to replace during ownership but with the length of time I have had this its been a car from hell but I suppose when all the jobs are done it will be a pleasure to drive as other than the above its spotless (so far)

Total cost so far with myself doing the work and running around for parts etc £1457

I am quite confident that the above from a dealer would have cost somewhere in the £5000 region for the parts and labour.

Sounds like previous owner left all the wear and tear replacements build up then sold it so someone else can take care of it lol. Really if these wear and tear items are dealt with as they arise then it's just a matter of maintenance and won't hurt the pocket as bad. But when people leave things for later stage it just piles up and sometimes causes other issues.

I've owned my car for 7 years since new and done 152k on it and still on the original exhaust and 3 calipers. One was replaced as part or a recall even though it didn't seize.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links