Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressures On Gs300 Sport Mk2

Hello people. I checked my tyre pressure on my GS 300 Sport before and all were 32.5psi apart from the front offside which was 27.5psi. On the door it says 36 at front and 35 at back for one situation and 32 all round for another. I can't make out what it actually means as it's half in German. Presently I'm driving the car like an old fart so am expecting much mpre mpg than I'm getting. So far since fuelling up I've done 160 miles at an average of 24mpg. About half of my journeys have been motorway or A road dual carriageway. Should I put the pressures up to the high figures ?

i dont understand all this gallon business my mk2 gs sport gives me 25 miles to a fivers worth of petrol at 76.9 a litre my tyers were p zeros and when i checked last week they were on 30 at the front and 35 on the back i increased all the tyres to 40 i find the drive much smoother but got the car smashed buy a w***** before i could check my consumption.im sure at 40 this would make the tyres wear out quicker.DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW THE RIGHT PRESSURE?????

Cheers seagram. Didn't get chance to commiserate you on the smash but hope everything goes ok. If there is a problem with his insurance then you can go to the insurance ombudsman. They may be able to get you your money back on repairs or no-claims etc.

I have my tyres at 37psi all round as a compromise for economy and comfort. If the pressure is too low the side walls flex a lot and generate a lot of heat from wasted energy, which is why they suggest higher pressures for high speeds. Also the higher the pressure, within reason, makes the sidewalls less flexible so the car should float less when cornering hard.

Cheers JCC. Will the 37psi make the ride even harder ? What fuel economy do you get. I am struggling to get 24.5mpg on a run and driving it sensibly. In fact I think I got average 22.8 from time of last refill and I've just fueled up again.

It makes the ride a bit harder, but not too bad, not as hard as my old GTI. I mostly use it for 18 mile journeys or shorter so mpg was bad, 22mpg including a long run. Should add a couple of mpg.

I had my tires at 34psi all around before on my stock 17" wheels and the ride was horrible. It was teeth-jarring. Ever since then, I had them at 32psi and the car rides like dream. So I am not sure about you folks who are putting in 37psi or (*** Forbid!) 42 psi on your stockers......I can't imagine how you drive on them. :o

Im running 34 all round on 18s shod with P zeros. Terrible over speed humps and pot holes but I put that down to the lower harder suspension. I can't say much about fuel consumption other than I measure it in Lamposts rather than miles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links