Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

After a noisy drive , pulled over , called the AA , just in case it was the water pump, Fan belt tentioner bearing is siezed , WERE CAN I GET ONE , any tips on a fan belt , do i have to buy from lexus?

Thanks guys

unless it is chipped take it off and take off the pulley

there will be a stamp number on the inside of the bearing

First of all post the number on here for future reference and second of all buy one and press the new bearing into it !!!!

16620-0W036 - Part number for tensioner

16603-0W010 - Part number for just pulley

6203lh - just the bearing

It measures 40x17x12

here is the correct bearing for the tensioner in SKF

http://www.qualitybearingsonline.com/koyo-6203-2rs-deep-groove-bearing-17x40x12/

Hope this helps you

They press out from the back

When I was doing the timing belt on mine I noticed mine was a little bit noisy so I flicked off the rubber cover and packed it with grease and its as quiet as a mouse now.

I thought when I first read your post that it was the ribbed pulley that is why I didn't think I had the number for it but after looking on the catalogue I realised it is the same bearing that I greased up

It has a left handed thread bolt holding it in too

It is now a "get round to it" job !!!

NTN is the original bearing make

Martin, I replaced my tensioner pulley and belt a while back. Most generic auxilliary belts are of manufacturers' quality e.g. Gates brand. THE thing to remember though, is what Adam said; the bolt to undo the tensioner is REVERSE thread. It feels strange when you get a spanner to it, having to turn the thread the "wrong" way to undo it i.e "righty tighty" actually UNDOES it, and visa versa.

Steve, no offence, but the bearings off eBay will probably be aftermarket and not up to original quality.

Personally I would only go with original quality stuff. If the bearing has been on there since new, which it probably has, I would want the same longevity out of the replacement one.

But just for the time being buy one to get your car back on the road and then replace it again at a later date.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links