Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking About An Auto

Sterling

Yeh Petay I mean an Infiniti G37 Saloon with a modern Nissan 3.7 litre V6 engine which is just 0.7 litres more than my IS delivers 332BHP and returns around 27mpg and the IS350 is around the same class as the Infiniti so mpg would have been around the same if not better than my IS but with way more power than a GS430 V8 lol.. had the IS350 in mind as my next Lexus but since its not available in UK the Infiniti will do lol cracking cars those infiniti's that's if I can shell out £475 a year in just road tax and rent one lol

never said Lexus's were perfect Chris..but everyone knows they top most prestige car brands when it comes to reliability from LS's to CT's our IS's do have their issues like the common seizing brake callipers and inner tyre wears etc..so no car is perfect. I always work out my mpg manually. this is a rough idea. loved maths in School lol.. :)

where I live, unleaded is currently at 130.9 p per litre. 4.54 litres of fuel makes 1 Gallon so to find out how much a gallon of fuel will cost me based on these figures I multiply 4.54 by 130.9 which equals £5.94p. early this week I filled up around £40 so to find out how many gallons are in the £40 I divide £40 by £5.94 which equals exactly 6.7 gallons... I then travelled 200miles of mainly motorway on the £40 of fuel until light came on. so to find out how many miles I was doing to each gallon of fuel. I do 200 / 6.7 = 29.85 mpg and voila my IS300 is returning 30mpg from £40 over 200 miles. :D

but to be honest I found this website which has made things so much easier and takes less than a minute for the program to work out. just punch in your figures.

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

Yeh Petay I mean an Infiniti G37 Saloon with a modern Nissan 3.7 litre V6 engine which is just 0.7 litres more than my IS delivers 332BHP and returns around 27mpg and the IS350 is around the same class as the Infiniti so mpg would have been around the same if not better than my IS but with way more power than a GS430 V8 lol.. had the IS350 in mind as my next Lexus but since its not available in UK the Infiniti will do lol cracking cars those infiniti's that's if I can shell out £475 a year in just road tax and rent one lol

never said Lexus's were perfect Chris..but everyone knows they top most prestige car brands when it comes to reliability from LS's to CT's our IS's do have their issues like the common seizing brake callipers and inner tyre wears etc..so no car is perfect. I always work out my mpg manually. this is a rough idea. loved maths in School lol.. :)

where I live, unleaded is currently at 130.9 p per litre. 4.54 litres of fuel makes 1 Gallon so to find out how much a gallon of fuel will cost me based on these figures I multiply 4.54 by 130.9 which equals £5.94p. early this week I filled up around £40 so to find out how many gallons are in the £40 I divide £40 by £5.94 which equals exactly 6.7 gallons... I then travelled 200miles of mainly motorway on the £40 of fuel until light came on. so to find out how many miles I was doing to each gallon of fuel. I do 200 / 6.7 = 29.85 mpg and voila my IS300 is returning 30mpg from £40 over 200 miles. :D

but to be honest I found this website which has made things so much easier and takes less than a minute for the program to work out. just punch in your figures.

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

haha i use that website all the time too lol. good to know how much a journey will cost you

btw is 27MPG combined because the G37 can actually achieve upto 36 MPG motorway. dont get mixed up with US MPG figures because their gallons are different volume. I only said because i dont think Infiniti have released MPG figures for the G37 here because i dont think its sold officially is it? anyway here i found this site

http://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-fuelconsumption-from-mpg-to-mpgimperial.html

were have you been Petay lol.. Infiniti's are sold in UK and I like their rareness on UK roads sleepers they are.. both the G series M are available in petrol and hybrids infact their M series 3.5 litre Hybrid motor makes 360bhp 5.5 secs to 60 and returns around 40mpg combined and its said to be the fastest accelerating hybrid motor in the world.. I always say hybrid batteries will replace turbo and superchargers in a couple of years time.. infact they have a dealership in Birmingham..

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/21/infiniti-m35h-sets-hybrid-1-4-mile-guinness-world-record/

yeh sorry the G37 does 25mpg combined still the same as my IS but does it with 332BHP lol.. any way am going off topic now!

• 2 weeks later...

Just filled up my is200 auto

all local / town driving 23mpg.

thats good for the IS200 town. did you note the millage before filling by any chance? i just hit 165 miles to half a tank

Guys, thanks for all your help and input. Gave me a lot to think about, but then I started thinking with my head instead of my heart. Decided to keep my current IS200 "fixer upper" as a toy. I traded the A8 and have bought a 2011 BMW 330d. (sorry I feel like a traitor). Want to buy a new model GS450h, but they are just too expensive yet.

nice one Sterling those 330d's are really nice no need to feel bad..yes I agree the 450h'S are still fetching top dollar and so long as the Bmer is on warranty you have nothing to worry about. I always say only time I would buy a Merc, BM or Audi is only when its on warranty.. :) and the Germans are known to build good diesels as well. don't get shy with the pics of your new baby lol..

Kenny, I told you it would be a head or heart decision. As you are doing 25k a year its a no brainer really, it has to be a diesel and the best diesel's are BM's. As for reliability that is down to regular maintenance and a bit of luck. My BMW only started to have a problem at 10 years old. Which to be honest in car terms is really good. These are mechanical objects and therefore and some point will start having problems. Besides nothing today is built to last. If it was, why would we ever change things.

You're not a traitor, you still have the IS200 besides we all respect and understand your decision. Lets be honest, nothing handles like a 3 series.

Yeah were all a good bunch on here. No offence taken! Other owners club not sure i could say the same. Ive never been a fan of diesels but i wouldnt say no to a 6 or 8 cylinder german diesel its the 4 pots that make me quiver. Yeah and the bimmer diesel engines themselves are bulit proof its electronics and other components going on the german marquee its seems. Like any car you look after it it'll look after you.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links