Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty And Dpf Cover?

bigmick777

Any of you guys had any experience of getting the DPF replaced under extended warranty (the one you buy from Lexus not the extended manufacturers).

I have purchased the Lexus extended warranty now for the last three years and it has saved me lots in repair bills.

So, other day got the dreaded VSC, didn't go into limp so took it to Lexus - so far the car has been back there 3 times with EGR failure and earlier this year engine was replaced to fix the piston issue (burning oil), car had done 95K when the engine was swapped. It's now on 115K.

The diagnosis was DPF - they tried a regen but within 5 miles the lights were back on (not in limp).

Lexus contacted me back to say the extended warranty company said the DPF wasn't covered - I think we all know the potential price to replace. The garage themselves were surprised and have raised a case with Lexus GB. I have pointed out that the DPF Is full due to the regular egr issues and the fact the previous engine was burning oil.

I need to wait until tomorrow to see if I got anywhere but wondering if anyone has any success stories with the warranty?

My car is under lexus approved used warranty and they replaced the clutch and flywheel with no quibbles, I was pleasantly surprised with the clutch being replaced, but then again you wouldn't expect to have a car 4 months needing a clutch. I had been concerned about the dpf and had been considering extending the warranty when it runs out. I don't think ill bother because I noticed previously that it doesn't list the dpf as a covered part. I sincerely hope you get sorted out, but shouldn't be the end of the world - you can buy new dpfs on eBay for £500 or just get it removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Some positive news on this.

So the extended warranty re-confirmed they wouldnt cover the DPF.

My local Lexus Garage (Stoke-on-Trent) acted on my behalf escalating this within Lexus GB as I had pointed out that this was probably one of the issues caused by the old engine (sooted up).

Anyway, had to wait over Xmas for a response but car went back in yesterday - they had no luck getting it replaced under the warranty so Lexus GB provided the part free of charge as goodwill gesture considering all the problems I have had and the fact I had consisnetly purchased extended warranties.

Lexus Stoke then fitted the new DPF for free.

I have to say, one of the joys IMO with the brand is the customer services.

• Like 1

A Big Congratulations to Lexus Stoke. There are dealerships out there who would've said, Warranty says No, i'm gonna have to charge you!.

Would you be prepared to write something similar in the dealership reviews section? This is one area of the forums the Lexus Dealerships look at and positive stories often get forgotten about. We like to remember the negative ones.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links