Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

well suppose it had to happen with so much to go wrong

havnt even owned the RX for for 4 weeks and the air suspensions doing its own thing

N/S has decided its off road time and has pumped itself up to the maximun, so now its some 4 inch's (10cm) higher than the O/S

thankfully the dealer is collecting it on friday (after christmas) to take away and fix it

so should get it back sometime in the new year

not a good start, but im not going to let it put me off

This is what frustrates me with modern cars. They got all this fancy techno wizardry such as self levelling air suspension, self levelling headlights, button for this, button for that.... To me it's just more things to go wrong as the car ages.

For example I'm dreading my self leveling headlight sensors going as they all do eventually.... Looked it up, I have 2 sensors each cost £450 to replace!!

im just glad i have a warrenty for the first 6 months, and that i got the car from a main stream dealer (not toyota or lexus), otherwise im sure id be a few quid worse off, but thats the joys or downside of owning something a bit special

just an update

if anyone else has heard of this let me know as it sounds a bit suspect to me

apparently a connector to one of the sensors had damp in it, cleaned and resealed and all cured

im sorry if i dont trust this, but i had an independent give me this excuse on a jag and eventually had to replace the whole instrument consol which contains a ECU to cure the fault which was affecting the ABS, traction control and other minor systems and it wasnt a cheap fix

so i will see how it goes, if it happens again i wont be too polite

Thats entirely possible, as long as they dried and resealed it correctly and hopefully used a little silicon grease upon reassembly it should be fine.

That is of course providing that was the original fault!

well surprise surprise, first days use after getting the car back, same fault

popped into a mates garage and they had a quick look / fiddle

said common fault, needs a new switch as the switchs seize up due to only getting road use

found a load of grease in the connector and said hope they remover the corrosion first otherwise pointless fix and not the actual fault

easy job expensive part, so will be on the phone today to get this sorted, after a quick call to lexus just for advice of them

waiting on a mechanic with the new part to fit at home

the self level switch is about £300 fitting is a matter of minutes

apparently common fault according to toyota

lexus wants to replace all 4 switch's in one go (ouch)

well mechanics been and replaced the level switch 15 minutes work, and the whole rear is now lower and level once again

seems the level switch was seized solid and was the cause of the problem, not a damp or corroded conecter as originally informed

also informed its advised to replace all 4 in one go as soon as one goes the rest will follow and the mechanic noticed a couple of the switches had already been replaced, so they were being replaced as and when they failed

hopefully this is the last post of a problem and from now on i can just enjoy the drive and 19mpg fuel consumption

I see........I assume there is a manual over ride for height? If so I guess once a week/month just all the way up and all the way down......if its possible.

If not.......your stuffed! :whistling:

the mechanic at my mates place said take it off road to wheels the axles up and down, thus moving the levers up and down

but he also said once they go, they go and theres nowt you can do

something to watch out for i reckon

just glad i got the RX from a main dealer and not an independent dealer and they are willing to honour there own warranty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links