Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nothing Says Quality Like A Fake Exhaust Tip That Falls Off On Xmas Ev

As per the title really! ;)

My poxy drivers side lower fake exhaust tip came off on Xmas eve! Luckily I was cleaning the car at the time, so managed to take it up to my local Quik Fit to tack weld it back into position! :(

Why the hell Lexus scrimped on putting proper exhaust tips on these flagship models I don't know!

Can't wait to get the cash together to get the stainless system fitted!

Talk about embarrassing!

Other than that, car has been fabulous so far. Very pleased with it. :)

Anyone else had this problem out of interest? Looks like the previous owner may have reversed it into something (this breaks the pathetic tack welds that hold them on).

Think Lexus charge a small fortune for replacements, as you have to buy the whole assembly for each side!

Cheaper putting a proper system on the car in my opinion.

They are expensive . Around 400 quid a side I think . I do like them though , good idea till they fall off lol.

Suppose the idea is there's no movement when driving etc, I've seen bmws etc while following them and the zausts wobble around ,looks tat .so fixed looks much better

I have to say it seems a bizarre decision to fit fake tips, also the car is so quiet for a v8. I know its a stealthy car but I do think more sound would be better.

I'll be going to h&s on the 2nd for a quote on a ss cat back.

Stu

As you say David, each to their own. ;)

For some of us, that means a bit more noise from that fabulous V8!

I'm only looking to do the Takeda intake and a stainless exhaust in terms of performance modifications.

Will probably do the KW coilovers as well at some stage, but that is all.

When I think about all the upgrades and modifications I made to my single turbo Supra, that's a very short list in comparison!

Just shows how well rounded these cars are in my opinion.

Not looking for any boy racer noises anymore, just want to appreciate that V8 burble! :)

I think it's a perfect car , just the right noise level in the cabin while driving , anymore would be annoying on long journeys .

Anyway each to there own , buy a tacky m3 if some of u want the boy racer sound lol

Not trying to get in to a debate here bit I certainly wouldn't call the m3 tacky!

I think when you make an out right performance car with a V8 you need to hear it more. The audi s6 is similar. V10 and you really can't tell.

Personally for the car I think it is too quiet. All those sporting pretensions and not enough sound for my taste. Would appear a lot of people on here are of the same opinion.

Stu

Certainly not. The M3 is a very capable car in the right hands.

The only reason I didn't get one is I prefer the ISF. You also see loads of M3's on the road, unlike the ISF.

Servicing costs and fuel consumption (plus tires all the time) are also more for the M3.

Having had the privilege of being driven round Brands in a track ready M3, I can vouch for them being very good cars indeed!

I'm with Stu on wanting a bit more sound from the V8 at lower rev's/speeds. It sounds amazing further up the rev range.

If you are going to pay to run a 5L V8, I personally want to hear it! ;)

I think a few doubters will think differently once they hear what these amazing cars sound like with the Takeda, and a proper stainless system.

Rest assured none of us are trying to de-value, or 'chav' up these special cars.

Look at the GTR for example. How many of those run stock exhausts these days?! Hardly any I would imagine!

Do think the GTR OEM system sounded better than the OEM ISF one though.

Well I like it as it is so stop ganging up on me ha help someone .

All the best for new year lads .

Definitely not my intention so sorry if you feel that way chap.

Stu

Just kidding mate I know what your on about with the v8 . I wouldn't mind an air intake myself . Seen one on Steve Meeds on youtube .looks smart too.

Me too on the sound clips and video. ;)

Stu, are you going to stick with the quad configuration for the tailpipes, or look at something different?

Only ask as I noticed a lot of the US ones have gone for 2 larger pipes.

I'm thinking quad pipes to maintain what is arguably the main distinguishing feature of these cars.

Just wanted your view (be good to know for comparison purposes when we get the quote from H&S).

Cheers.

Happy New Year everyone!! :)

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links