Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cruise Control On Rx300

When setting cruise control at 40mph, vehicle maintains the correct speed whilst travelling on both the flat and uphill but when travelling down a steep incline, particularly one near my home the vehicle speeds up to 55mph until it levels out again and then returns back to the set 40mph.

Should cruise control have the ability to keep at the same speed no matter what the terrain or do I have a problem? I know that certain other manufacturers' cars change down through the gears to maintain the set speed. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

No, mine is the same as the Lexus CC will not apply brakes or engine braking by using lower gears, I also find it is very slow to react to a reduction in selected speed due to the same reason.

Big difference on my ML as the CC on that is such that you can "drive" the vehicle in quite busy traffic, any adjustment to the selected speed produces an immediate increase/reduction (and uses brakes) so is much easier to use, but then the ML is 9 years younger than my RX so technology moves on.

Problem is apply the brakes and it pops it out of cruise, have you tried manually selecting a lower gear? Not sure if that will disengage the CC or not, quite honestly I rarely use the CC on the RX as it is so slow to react, shame really as its a nice smooth cruiser.

The radar cruise in the ISF is fantastic. Applies the brakes and keeps the same distance between the cars in front. Got to remember when back in the RX though, could make a mess of the car in front:)

yeah mines the same on my RX but not quite 55mph, mines an automatic if that makes any difference, it only controls accelerator so can only use less throttle to slow down as it has no control over the braking system

also have a new golf with active cruise control, scary, you can set it and it will maintain a set distance between you and the car in front reguardless of speed but wont go past your set top speed, it will actually bring the car to a full stop if the car in front comes to a stop, and soons as they pull off, away you go , ive driven in traffic jams and in town just on the cruise and not had to touch accelerator or brake peddle

i have to admit it takes a lot to get to trust the system not to crash into the car infront

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links