Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Yesterday I finally got my seat and mirrors into their correct position and thought I would store the position in memory. Went to press the button but there were none! Cannot believe I didn't spot it when looking at the vehicle. I have since looked on the Lexus web site under the used vehicles and looking at the pictures it seems all X reg 2000 GS300 and 430 do not have them. 2001 X and 2001 Y all seem to have them. It seems a batch of vehicles left Japan without them on as all the specs I have read say they should be there.

I feel a bit better knowing that it's not just my car but it is very strange. I have emailed Lexus and I am waiting for a reply. Took the door panel off and the wiring connector is there and voltage is present on some of the pins so it may just need the switches rather than the control unit

Anybody else have a X 2000 GS?

The face lift appeared on 2001 models (Oct 200 onwards) and have changes to the rear light cluster, front grill, chrome Lexus badge on steering wheel, instrument cluster surround, e-shift/radio controls on wheel, chrome gearshift surround, double locking, curtain airbags, brake assist, electronic brake force distribution, seatbelt pre-tensioners, newer suspension, wood effect ash tray and wide screen DVD sat nav.

This is the response from Lexus:

Apparently that year some of the Models did come with and without the Meamory Seat Controls. Therefore there was a batch of UK Lexus GS models without the Memory Seat Control System. This  was not accidental, Lexus chose to build some models with and without that system, for that particular year.

It is not possible to have this system fitted under warranty, the warranty will only cover one that is already fitted that needs repairing. If you wish to have one fitted, then you may write to the Head Office.

unless the dealer told you that your car varied from the spec in the brochure I think you would have a good case for missrepresentation. Depending on if the car had been discounted to accomodate this lack in functionality. Maybe you could write to Lexus and copy the usual suspects including the JD Power Survey Team Coordinator... and state your case?

:P

I guess they ran out of components at the factory and decided to send the non memory seat vehicles to the UK :angry:

I did ask but they won't do it for free. I have looked at the wiring diagram and plugged in a couple of switches to the connector but it didn't work. I guess I need more than just the switches, maybe a new drivers door ECU and the seat position sensors so it will be too expensive. I don't mind too much as I don't let my wife drive it anyway!

unless the dealer told you that your car varied from the spec in the brochure I think you would have a good case for missrepresentation

As I didn't purchase it new I don't really have any grounds. The car was also a demostrator so even the first real owner didn't have a claim. I bet all the non memory seat vehicles were used as demostrators to avoid any problems.

If you look at these two vehicles, both without the seat buttons, they don't state one owner so were probably demostrators. In the description though they are claiming memory seat function!

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...3488&vidindex=2

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...3488&vidindex=3

However this one that does have the buttons is had just one owner and was registered a couple of months later:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/detail?template=/le...3488&vidindex=5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links