Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took Delivery Today!

I picked up my car today. 2006 SE-L with MM. Grey. I'm delighted.

I have to say the service from Woodford Lexus was excellent.

What a drive I had from Woodford back to Tonbridge. :driving:

Now comes the settling in and exploring phase.

I have a few mods planned but won't go mad. On the list is.

Interior LEDs

Wrap the wood trim

Install dab unit

Possible K&N filter.

But first some getting to know you time.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'll get some photos shortly, I've not taken any yet.

I've done the interior LEDs, very simple. But helped by this thread which helped with the front dome removal.

I've got LEDs to do the boot, sidelights and puddle lights, but need to wait for a dry day !

I've heard some videos of K&N cars on YouTube and they sound great but it never says which they have. The price on the website for the induction kit is about £250 though, and for that much I'd rather fit a BMC CDA. I had one in my corrado vr6 and it was superb.

The K & N filter sharpens the throttle response but also increases the engine noise at idle. A nice easy mod for about £38.

How much difference does it make? I like the silence at the lights.

Silence is a very rare luxury for me with a 10yr old, three dogs and a wife!

Why would you run without soundproofing Pete?

Just to give it a sportier sound. Seen lots of people on YouTube fit induction intakes for mainly a better engine roar then put the soundproofing back on.

It's like buying a new hifi then sticking in earplugs lol.

Ah ok. If i wanted a sportier sound personally i'd go for a full induction kit and SS exhaust system or maybe just the backbox. A panel filter is a cheap and easy way just to improve throttle response and change the tone a tad. It all comes down to owners choice really. I own a 220d so i have no choice, sounds rubbish either way haha.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links