Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Lads,

as previously mentioned my newly acquired GS 450h has thrown up the following codes:

P0174 - System Too Lean (Bank 2)

P0335 - Crankshaft Position Sensor "A" circuit.

I had the fault reset last night and no sign of a re occurrence this morning - any ideas what these faults are and should I be worried..

I have it booked into a Lexus dealer next week for a full service as there is 60K miles on the clock and it needs new plugs and fluids but it will be 100% right after that. Just worried about this code and what it means.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ken.

post-49234-0-44961600-1390905957_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Plug change, get your wallet out, around £400 just for a plug change if my memory serves me right!

If you get a crank sensor fail on you then it shouldnt run very well, if at all from what I've read. If youve had no symptoms though other than the light, I'd just keep an eye out and try not to worry about it for now, my cars thrown the odd EML on a few times to which I've read the codes, clearned them and never had them back again! There seems to be sensors that sense sensors on this 2GR engine! Having said that, it could be an o2 sensor on its way out or partially blocked cat maybe causing restriction! Just clutching at straws though!

Hi Coneybiller,

I got the issue sorted. turns out it was an old code in the history of the ECU so it could have been there for some time now. They cleared faults and gave it a full bill of health including the Spark Plug change.

well worth the €650 to get all the fluids changed including the brake fluid. Overall a very happy chappy. Just need to collect the mats and update the Sat Nav dvd and change the rear tyres and we are all set for a trip to the Nurburgring.

cant wait.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links