Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Magazine Is250 F-Sport Review

I enjoyed reading that. Thanks.

Like every other motoring journalist I've come across, he clearly doesn't know about using Sport mode, ECT and paddles together, to get the best out of the car.

You'd think the Lexus Press Office would enlighten them, wouldn't you.

Or is that expecting too much?

Let's leave them in ignorance. Ha-ha

Argento

Interesting reading but nothing about reliability - a strong point of Lexus. I am a bit puzzled about some of the comparisons with German rivals; for example, the "somewhat underwhelming" 202bhp of the Lexus compared with the 184bhp of the "benchmark" BMW 320i M Sport Auto (which is also £500 more expensive). I have taken the BMW details from this site:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/new-cars/derivative/55683

I think it's referring to the fact that the 184bhp from BMW is "somewhat morewhelming" if that makes sense....(faster, better economy etc) compared to the naturally aspirated 2.5 in the Lexus? Dunno....or were they expecting much more from the 2.5?

BMW's outgoing 325i which was a 3.0 had 218hp and was a lot more frugal. The lexus 2,5 is very down on torque compared to modern turbos too. There is more to the picture, I know I have a 250, but I understand how after looking at the numbers many people decide that the IS250 is not the car for them,

When I was a young man (back in the olden days, as my grandchildren tell me), most cars had 4 cylinder engines and they were never as smooth as anything with 6 cylinders. However, 6 + cylinders were mostly confined to the top end of the market and were beyond my pocket. A notable exception was the 2-litre Triumph Vitesse, and I lusted after one of these because I thought that they were so smooth after my Vauxhall Wyvern (1.5 litre, 4 cylinders, 3 speed gearbox, no redeeming features whatsoever). However, for various reasons, my cars over the next few or more decades were family 4-cylinder models. But I still lusted after something with 6 because I continue to believe that a good 6 will always be smoother than a good 4. I have driven very many different makes and models of cars all over the world and have never experienced anything to change my mine. The biggest advantage of the IS250 over most of its competitors is that it has a sweet engine with 6 cylinders, and they have only 4.

Hear hear Bratman, I have a new 3IS 250, and there's no substitute for a 6 pot, let BMW, Audi etc. thrash the nuts of their 4 cyl. turbos to get 30 hp extra and be half a second quicker to 60, I'll stick with the smooth as silk V6 thank you.

I don't know if it my imagination but I believe Lexus have tweak the 6speed auto on the new model and it changes a touch quicker than it older sibling, especially when using the paddles, can't wait for some better weather and be out on the A and B roads here in Cumbria.

D

I can't say that I've noticed much difference in the speed of gear changes but I haven't had much chance to do a lot of open road driving and I never use the paddles. However, I will be driving up to Cumbria in a couple of month's time so I'll make a point of noticing the gear change speed when on your A and B roads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links