Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've Taken The Plunge :)

Hi Guys, after much deliberation I have taken the plunge and ordered a Mesa Red IS300h Premium (Ivory leather). Should arrive in about 2 weeks. They are gonna be the longest 2 weeks of my life !!! With that in mind, does anyone have the user guide for the IS300h in pdf they could send me to keep me going?

Welcome to club Bridgy! It will be a long two weeks but worth the wait. I don't have anything you can read, browsing the net and these threads can soak up some of the time!

We will of course need pics in due course!

• Hi David, many thanks for the welcome. I will of course post some pics as soon as I can. I am not entirely new to the site as I am jumping ship from the RX300 group to move into the IS :) I must say, the RX has been a brilliant motor but I am looking forward to the better MPG figures ;)

Welcome Bridgy.

I ordered my Premier for new registration (1st March), in October - over 3 months wait.

Sill got 29 sleeps to go!!

Please keep us informed on how you are enjoying it.

Sorry can't help with the manual.

Kelvin

WooHoo!!!

I tracked down the PDF manuals for the IS300h and one for the Nav system. I registered on the Lexus portal and hey presto there is a section for online manuals. Got them both on the iPad now, happy bunny :)

https://customerportal.lexus-europe.com/login/index.html

Paste the above address in your browser and click on 'Register Here'

You can skip the add a vehicle section of registration and complete the registration process.

I have just booked my Lexus Is250 Se into Glasgow for it service and have been advised that an IS300H has been set aside as a coutresy car for the day. I can't wait to get a shot of it after all the great comments on here about it, However I hope the Lexus dealer does not think I am in a position to buy one any time soon.

WooHoo!!!

I tracked down the PDF manuals for the IS300h and one for the Nav system. I registered on the Lexus portal and hey presto there is a section for online manuals. Got them both on the iPad now, happy bunny :)

https://customerportal.lexus-europe.com/login/index.html

Paste the above address in your browser and click on 'Register Here'

You can skip the add a vehicle section of registration and complete the registration process.

Enjoy your IS300h when you get it ! I got mine on Friday as an upgrade from the CT.

What an upgrade. :hocus-pokus:

And the pdf's don't give you the full nature of the manuals ... As per usual it's over 1000 pages for all 3 (inc Nav). If you used them to bang nails in, the nails would lose.

I'm feeling your pain. Mine was in the showroom for a fortnight while I waited for the 1st September. I drove past it every day on the way to work. Nightmare.

i'm in the cant wait wont wait camp.. mine arrives at the dealers this friday and is going to be delivered to me Monday. i simply refuse to wait any longer and certainly not three weeks just for the sake of a 14 plate.. it's a company car so any impact on the final value makes no odds to me..

Just thought, it might have been a bad idea getting hold of the PDF manuals. You start to discover stuff that could have been in your car but isn't. For example, heated steering wheel is described but has the dreaded *= if fitted caveat. Never saw that as a requestable option when I was specing the car!! Puddle lights on the wing mirrors is another !! And rear window electric sun shade is another !!! All minor stuff but it would have been nice to have had the option!! Thought those would be standard on the Premier.

Bridgy, I know what you mean, there seem to be huge regional differences in the spec available. From what I read on the US forum we get much more choice than they do (except for the engine!). I have puddle lights on my F Sport wing mirrors which fold in on locking and dip on selecting reverse. I don't think our USA cousins even have that.

I must admit I didn't look at the Premier as I was sold on the F Sport straightaway, but presumably your dealer went through all the options with you..

Just thought, it might have been a bad idea getting hold of the PDF manuals. You start to discover stuff that could have been in your car but isn't. For example, heated steering wheel is described but has the dreaded *= if fitted caveat. Never saw that as a requestable option when I was specing the car!! Puddle lights on the wing mirrors is another !! And rear window electric sun shade is another !!! All minor stuff but it would have been nice to have had the option!! Thought those would be standard on the Premier.

I bet the heated steering wheel is for colder places than here ... I'm a little surprised though, the Quick Look Guide suggests it's an option on RHD cars as well as LHD cars.

I don't quite get the heated steering wheel thing though. Given the choice, I'd rather have a steering wheel cooler. It's easy to compensate for a cold wheel (use driving gloves !) but not for something that's gone scorchy in the sun ...

Having looked through the manual myself - its always interesting to see what options ultimately there could be but as you say - there are often huge regional differences in what is available in your area.

It seems in this country the options are somewhat defined by the trim level whereas in other countries you seem to be able to select 'packs' which can be added no matter what trim level you have but simply are not available here.

Whilst I am extremely happy with my F-Sport :shifty: , it would have been nice to have had the option of the LED headlights (Not in the UK), the automatic high beam, Blind Spot Monitor, Lane departure, automatic cruise control and rear traffic alert system (only available on the Premier).

The heated steering wheel is great when you don't have gloves btw! My Dad's car (Jaguar) has it and its wonderful and was very useful last year when we had the snow.

I guess if I wanted limitless options I should have gone for an Audi or BMW (and then paid thousands and thousands more in the process!)!

Just reading this thread as I've not been on here for a while & I'm also in the queue, having ordered my F Sport in November I have a delivery date mid March.. It was early Feb and then changed overnight unfortunately some time ago just I've just forgotten about it and kept an eye out for the IS on the road (without much success - three or four in all that time!).

However and thanks to Lexus Swindon I have a loan IS300h Luxury spec car as of Monday 10th until the F Sport arrives, so I'm very grateful to them for getting me in a Lexus.

I too downloaded the manuals from which also taught me a thing or two about the spec I would be receiving. I think I know what's coming, but not entirely sure - it's a bog standard F Sport in Ultra Blue and anything else is a bonus.

So - I'm looking forward to being in the 300 next week and with around 1,000 miles planned already I should have a good feel of it quickly and will report back.

I guess this is the right way to go - Luxury loan to F Sport, but having originally sat in a Luxury back in October last year when I first saw the 300 I was very impressed with the overall kit and quality look - little did I know then that the F Sport in the corner was to eventually follow..

The Audi is around 150miles short of 100k now and feeling tired - been a damn good car (again) and their A4 Hybrid will be really interesting..

Hi Mark, I too am waiting for an ultra blue. F sport. I ordered mine back in October which seems an age ago now. I'm due to take delivery on 1st March so not long left now. My Audi A5 sportback 2.0 diesel has now covered 147,000 miles in just over 3 years and has been a great car - one of 5 Audi's that I've driven over the last 15 years. However, having been attracted by the design, tech and standard kit of the is300h, not to mention the low BIK, I had a 5 day test drive in an F sport and ordered one immediately, I was so impressed by the overall package that other members have described in the pages of this forum! I'm really looking forward now to my Lexus experience and a new driving 'chapter'.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links