Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bloody Fog Lights

YES!! Replace one the other one goes. I'm going to wire in some later spec ones which have the protective screw on cap on the back.

I would just quit replacing them but it ruins the look of the car, rotted, rusting water filled fog lights. Mine always seem to go just before the weather goes through being foggy. Argh!

Mine have been replaced so desperately trying to keep them looking good. As long as i keep on top of it they wont go bad. All this flooding doesnt help

The only thing that bugs me about fog lights are the idiots that insist having them on even when its bright sunshine and you can see for miles.

They are not a fashion accessory. At night time especially if its wet having those fog lights on just dazzle oncoming motorists and creates danger.

Rant over Mike.

Well im pleased to announce i do not use my fog lights when there isnt fog mostly. I just like them looking clean! lol. If i did ever use them it would be in a situation where there is no oncoming traffic

Well im pleased to announce i do not use my fog lights when there isnt fog mostly. I just like them looking clean! lol. If i did ever use them it would be in a situation where there is no oncoming traffic

When you meet oncoming traffic not only do you dip your headlights but

you switch off the fog lights as well. Have I got that right? Mike

Not sure i understand? Im a keen mountain biker and i often find myself down 1 track lanes for miles in the dark i have used my fog lights to benefit me and my car to avoid pot holes and pheasents lerking in the hedge! If a car is coming my way which is very unlikely (you would know if you knew the shropshire hills) i will dip my brights and turn my fogs off. No its not foggy but the more light on a small twisty lane the better trust me :)

I also use my fogs a lot when it's not foggy on the drive home from work. My drive home is around 11pm. Twisty country lanes in deepest Wiltshire lol... So I will put on all the lights as there's no street lighting or even cats eyes in the road so it's pitch black, and just like Pete if another car comes toward me I dip my high beam and knock off the fogs. The switch is right there on the stalk you need to pull back to dip your lights anyway. I think I've mastered dipping my high beam and turning off fogs at the same time :)

The only thing that bugs me about fog lights are the idiots that insist having them on even when its bright sunshine and you can see for miles.

They are not a fashion accessory. At night time especially if its wet having those fog lights on just dazzle oncoming motorists and creates danger.

Rant over Mike.

Totally in agreement.

I feel its a constant battle keeping the fogs clean, dry and condesationless! Soo annoying. Anyone else with me here?

Have you checked the drain pipe and the little sponge filter?

I bunged one up with a test tube bung and took the spong off the other hole with just the rubber gasket. I was told by another member condensation is caused by poor ventilation

I feel its a constant battle keeping the fogs clean, dry and condesationless! Soo annoying. Anyone else with me here?

Have you checked the drain pipe and the little sponge filter?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links