Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shudder/jerking

Hey all. Having a problem. I have a shake/judder in the car, got wheels all balanced again which didn't help. Checked power steering fluids. Basically it's not all the time and mainly comes in about about 8-9 mile journey, the steering seems to judder to if moving it left and right and gets way worse when breaking. Checked wheels also which were tight then after a bit it might go away for a little bit. Speed doesn't seem to matter. I took it to my mechanic and he said the front caliper was jammed solid, he got it freed up and I thought it wasn't bad but it's came back. Anyone any other ideas? Perhaps my caliper is past repairing?

well Jason,

Where a bouts are you in Tyrone?

I have the same problem my caliper slide pins are sticking. The right type of grease fixes this. lithium soap base grease I think its called.

Stefan

ps I also had to change my discs

Hey, thanks for the reply, Castlederg mate, you? Hmm... Must look into that, I remember looking up new slides before but could only get them from America. This grease fixed yours then? Any idea what it was called?

Dungannon :)

The slide pins are avaliable from Lexus Belfast call them up they can post. I haven got the grease yet. Couldn't find it and haven had time this past few months. When I replaces pins discs I just put normal grease in but it dries up and hardens. I think Toyota/Lexus sell it.

08887-01206 is apparently a part number.

Lithium soap based glycol grease

if your calliper is sticking chances are it has more than likely over heated your disk and warped it........this would explain a judder or vibration felt through the steering wheel while brakeing, better off get the sliders greased and two front disks and check the brake pads for signs of glazing if they are get new pads aswel!

Just to chip in...

2 ways your calliper can sieze. The sliders as mentioned, and yes cleaning them up and greasing them with lithium grease (not copper) will help this.

The other way they stick on is the slide bolts inside the calliper corrode and also stick. You can take the calliper apart, clean the bolts up, grease them and hope that cures it or you can buy refurbished callipers or obviously brand new ones. Google bigred, they normally have Refurbed IS callipers in stock and will send you one if you send them your calliper and payment (about £50 I think)

A lot cheaper than a new calliper £240 each OEM

part numbers for slide pins and dust boots. New bolts are use;less if rubber boots are letting in water.

Part numbers for fronts:
2 x 47715-22070 Pin, Cylinder Slide
2 x 47715-30060 Pin, Cylinder Slide
2 x 47769-50010 Bush, Cylinder Slide
2 x 47775-30070 Bush Dust
Part numbers for rears:
2 x 47715-22070 Pin, Cylinder Slide
2 x 47715-22080 Pin, Cylinder Slide
2 x 47769-50010 Bush, Cylinder Slide
2 x 47775-30070 Bush Dust

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links