Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nokia Car Kit For Is200

Stu

Hey guys!

I am looking for a car kit for my nokia 3510i, but have a few questions! :)

1. Can it be installed without having holes put in the dashboard?

2. What kind of kit should i go for?

3. Who should i get to install it?

4. How much is it going to cost me?

There are a few kits for sale on eBay, but i am a bit dubious about buying one from there, as they don't offer a fitting service, and i deffinatley can't fit the kit myself!

Stu :hehe:

I didnt fancy the idea of drilling holes into the dash either, and ive heard of devises on the market that slide down the side of the dash, but to be honest i just didnt fancy the thought of having the cradle on show spoiling the look of the interior.

So............. i went Bluetooth

Upgraded my Nokia to a 6310i all for £29.99

then bought the Nokia Bluetooth car kit CARK-112, with this kit you DONT need a cradle and you can place the mobile anywhere in the car :)

I wondered who to trust to fit it, and in the end fitted it myself (piece of P155). It only requires 3 wires to be connected and you are away :D

Its fabulisious, works a treat.

The fact that i installed it, i was able to do it so that ALL componets are very discreet, if you sat in the car you wouldnt even know it was there (even to the microphone) !

I forget to mention ... B)

At Carphone Warehouse, they upgraded me to a Nokia 6310i for £49.99 (less £20 for trade in = £29.99), and if you buy any accessories the same day you get a 10% discount.

The Bluetooth car kit is retailed £149.99 less a further 10%, and currently they are doing fitting FREE !!!

Dont get bogged down with it muting the radio and coming out the stereo speakers, one you wont be able to get them to do it, and two the nokia speaker is loud enough (an improved speaker over the CARK-98 kit) :winky:

next little windfall, that will be on the list. what could be cooler than a mounted phone with no wires being relayed to the voice from nowhere. that would spook passengers. then you have to say its standard lexus... just to rub it in. so when thy go to the bmw garage and say. if I put my phone in the car will I hear the voice out of the head lining like in a lexus... something to do with the acoustics of the car I think.... its like an invisible hands free... amazing!!

Stu

I used the Plug-In HF Car Kit PPH-1 with an 8310/3210 and 3310 without any problems, cheaper than the full car kit, portable and could be used with a number of Nokia phones. I have just upgraded to a non blu-tooth phone and fitted a MR. Handsfree kit from Orange and that works really well, no screws and good quality sound. The only down side with anything like this is they have no external arial, but they all charge the phone. The plus with the Orange kit is it will work with a large number of phones not just Nokia. They dont have a phone cradle but that can be added and it is cheaper than the full car kit jobbie.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links