Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Isf Expectations

Just wondering folks what did you think the isf would drive like etc before you bought one .

I bought mine over the phone 3 hours plus away , I had only ever seen one but wanted one .

I hadn't a clue what they were like but as I was driving down to collect it I thought to myself

I think the steering will feel heavier that my 250 , it would feel more planted etc .

I didn't think it would be as fast lol and my expectations were bang on .

Just wonder how you others felt .

Well my 3 previous cars in 18 months were Honda's: Civic Type R, Legend and a Jazz.

My expectations, well I knew the ride would quite hard (not as hard as the Type R though ). I did not realise how fast it would be and the noise. The reactions from other people on start up is interesting. I love it!

Only paranoid about scuffing the wheels. It has happened once already in a multi story car park.

I do really need to open it up though. Driving in and around London is not good.

I was fortunate enough to get an invite to test drive one back when they were launched in 2008. :)

Must admit I'd driven lots of other cars since, so had a pleasant surprise when I got mine (easy to forget how rapid, smooth, and refined these cars are). The ride wasn't as stiff as I expected it to be in fairness. That hopefully won't change too much when I fit the KW coilovers at some stage in the near future.

You should come to the Bluewater meet on Sunday morning Andrew. ;)

Be a nice change from the London driving you do! :)

The A2 is normally good at the weekend (not too much traffic), but just need to remember there are a few speed cameras along the way! ;)

The bit between Gravesend and Bluewater is a nice stretch to exercise some careful right foot down action!! :)

I think the only things I would say didn't meet expectation, were the dull interior (the RCF highlights what a £50K+ should look like), fake exhaust tips, and the rear screen de-mister (mine seems to take a long time to clear??).

I'm not a fan of the silver carbon look trim either I'm afraid! :(

Do think Lexus should have used the real thing (or something totally different). The M3 and the AMG both have proper carbon fibre parts, and real exhausts! ;)

I'm very pleased with it in every other way though. :)

I'll address all of the other things as and when money and time allow.

I expected it to be as firm as it is. Some areas are far better than i expected:
1. The slickness of the gear changes is far smoother than i imagined.
2. The difference between sport and normal modes in terms of throttle response is amazing as well.
3. The car is really docile in normal mode and eats up the miles far more effortlessly than i imagined it would.
4. The sound system is far superior than i imagined.
5. It has better low down torque than i imagined and MPG is far better than i thought.
6. Overall build quality is far better than i imagined.

The things that aren’t as good as i thought they would be:
1. I, like pete, am not that keen on the aluminium weave.
2. Why is there not a sensor in the middle of the front bumper to assist with parking???
3. Why is there not a tyre pressure sensor and display?
4. It didn’t sound like a V8 and was quieter than i expected.
5. Having ridden my GSXR 750 the speed didn't blow me away as much as i expected it to.

Overall i was I am VERY happy with it :)

Stu.

I was fortunate enough to get an invite to test drive one back when they were launched in 2008. :)

Must admit I'd driven lots of other cars since, so had a pleasant surprise when I got mine (easy to forget how rapid, smooth, and refined these cars are). The ride wasn't as stiff as I expected it to be in fairness. That hopefully won't change too much when I fit the KW coilovers at some stage in the near future.

You should come to the Bluewater meet on Sunday morning Andrew. ;)

Be a nice change from the London driving you do! :)

The A2 is normally good at the weekend (not too much traffic), but just need to remember there are a few speed cameras along the way! ;)

The bit between Gravesend and Bluewater is a nice stretch to exercise some careful right foot down action!! :)

I think the only things I would say didn't meet expectation, were the dull interior (the RCF highlights what a £50K+ should look like), fake exhaust tips, and the rear screen de-mister (mine seems to take a long time to clear??).

I'm not a fan of the silver carbon look trim either I'm afraid! :(

Do think Lexus should have used the real thing (or something totally different). The M3 and the AMG both have proper carbon fibre parts, and real exhausts! ;)

I'm very pleased with it in every other way though. :)

I'll address all of the other things as and when money and time allow.

Hmm, yeah I should be able to make it.

I really like the alloy weave lol that's one thing that I first loved when I saw the pics etc .

Tyre pressure monitors yeh I agree .

Yeh stu I agree it doesn't sound too v8 ish .i think I imagined it to sound American muscle car v8 but never the less still sounds good.

I would have liked a newer revamped model with the softer suspension etc but I can live with it ,it is quite harsh but ok on nice roads .

To be honest an is350 would have done me .there quick too but not for sale in the uk only imports .stupid that .

I loved my new is250 advance , gorgeous car ,very comfy all the extras and only 5000 miles when I let it go but just lacks power.

Such a shame , another 50 bhp and I would have kept it .

Has anyone here had a 250 .

To be honest an is350 would have done me .there quick too but not for sale in the uk only imports .stupid that .

I loved my new is250 advance , gorgeous car ,very comfy all the extras and only 5000 miles when I let it go but just lacks power.

Such a shame , another 50 bhp and I would have kept it .

Has anyone here had a 250 .

Having had an IS200 Sport since 2001, and been impressed with it (I still have it) I ordered an IS250 SE-L in March 2005, received it in December 2005 and started to modify it almost immediately. It is, or was, well documented on this forum. Having driven the IS350 in the States, I wasn't all that keen on buying an IS-F but did so and ran both for a year to evaluate which one to keep. They were very similar except in power output, as the IS 250 was the same colour, had 19" rims, bigger brakes, lowered and stiffer suspension etc. In the end the power decided it and I sold the IS250 to "Cous3", a member on here.

post-5848-0-57491700-1392397458_thumb.jp post-5848-0-23987400-1392397534_thumb.jp

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links