Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connecting A Camera To A Altezza Sat/tv Unit?

Hi all I have just imported an Altezza 4 Cyld Beams TRD Sportivo. I see the some people on the forum have connected cameras and DVDs to the existing sat nav. Well it says that I have sat nav voice recognition and also has a button for TV which I obviously can't pick up. Is the any way to get the TV Working and how do I go about wiring in a camera? I have taken the dash mounted sat nav/T.v. unit out but there does not seem to be any external ports or a.v. plugs to plug and other source into it.

Can the Japanese sat nav system be used in the U.K.?

I am just preparing the car for its SVA test if I just buy to U.K. fog light lenses can wire the fog like into the boot lid lights will this be okay as it will have the E mark on the lens and the U.K. lighting setup is like this?

Many thanks for any help.

Galee

Welcome to the club Galee

I'm not sure on your version of the car - what happens when you press the TV button? Does the screen go blank or do you get nothing? The TV option is deeply embedded into the hidden menu's on the UK SatNav system and I've had mine apart looking for additional connectors but couldn't find any.

I can only assume it sends out a different signal on the return, allowing an additional circuit to be switched in. If this is the case on yours too, then it would mean sourcing a camera/DVD that gives out RGB+Sync at your frequency (expensive), or a composite to RGB converter. On the UK spec. we need to have this additional converter.

Where have you imported the car from? I ask because the SatNav/Converter will also depend on the format. As you are probably aware, we use PAL in the UK, but in Japan and the US they use NTSC.

As you have already looked and not found any additional connectors, it seems as though you may have to do the same thing.

What you are doing with the fogs is fine for the test. I think you will have to remove the break light switching on them for it to get through though.

Hi Geoffers thanks for the reply when I press the TV. Button it switches from sat nav mode to TV. Mode but I only receive a snowy picture like when an aerial is unplugged The >> changes the channel Up << Changes the channel down , On channel 55 on Sunday I could vaguely see the football but by no means a clear picture and very por sound. If a composite to RGB converter is needed how does it work and how and where does it plug in? . Btw the car was imported from Japan and is a Rs200 Z TRD.

Regards

Galee

The difference between Japan and the UK :

Japan: VHF-L:91-103Mhz, VHF-H:171-217Mhz, UHF:471-765Mhz

UK : VHF-l: 55-83Mhz, VHF-H:175-211Mhz, UHF:471-885(MHz)

The fact that you have received any signal at all is a very good sign. There must be an input somewhere - I couldn't resist ripping the whole lot apart and finding it!!!!

If you can find the input, then all you would need is a composite-rf converter (you get these free with cornflakes nowdays) and you can put virtually anything through it.

What model is the SatNav? (On the nag screen, press and hold info and switch your headlights on and off 4 times) you will see some info there. It may even allow you to alter the frequency range of the receiver.

You've set me off now - I'm going to take my SatNav unit apart again and have a better look........

Hi Geoffers I have had the unit out and all the wires from the sat nav unit just go into the loom all taped together so there was nothing there. But I did see a few thick white wires with black srink wrap on them going into 2 thin wires that then go to the connector I then had a look in the back at the sat nav unit and this had the same 4 thin wires coming from it for about 4 inches then black shrink wrapped into 2 thik white wires. Also unable to find the T.V. Aerial would it be the radio aerial as in a radio/aerial antenna in one? It has a short be sting antenna on the roof? Very strange as you would think if you could watch to there must be another input for it somewhere?

Galee

ZEE you killed the avatar!!!!

Sorry, back on topic. I wouldn't know without looking/scoping the wires myself. Usually the shrink wrapping does inicate a shielding of some sort though.

I'd be surprised if it was the roof ariel they are using, but you never know.

Sorry I can't be of much more use, but anychance you could dig a bit deeper and see if you can trace any cables anywhere?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links