Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flamin Sat Nav

Folks

My loan car is equipped with Sat Nav which some may say is a good thing, but it's driving me nuts.

For 95% of the time in the car and that's a fair amount of time I don't use/need it and even though it's as off as I can make it the damn speed camera alerts keep coming. So if I'm listening to music which I normally am it is really really annoying.

I am unable to locate a 'Turn Alerts Off' tab, so can someone direct me please or do I really have to live with it?

Thx

Please don't shoot the messenger but as far as I know there isn't a way of disabling it. I have a feeling Lexus were on the end of a lot of stick for NOT having speed camera warnings on the 2nd Gen so have rectified that. Perhaps they thought if so much fuss was made no-one would want to turn it off....

Thanks David and that may explain why I couldn't find anything.

IF the alerts were reliable and 100% accurate I could understand it, but they are far far from it. The miles I do I really have to rely on my own observations to keep my license clean, which (dare I say) I've managed so far.

It is incredibly annoying..

That's interesting as i find them very reliable, although sometimes a little too ahead of schedule. I don't think I do anything like the miles you do though.

One thing that is troubling though, is what it thinks is the quickest route. I have tested it on roads that I know, and even taking away my local knowledge some of the routes are ridiculous. It seems as if by "quickest" it only uses A type roads. I used it tonight and if I had followed it I would have gone in a huge square with no apparent logic that I can find, except for them all being more major roads.

I do not remember these problems on my 2nd Gen and wonder if anyone else is experiencing similar issues. It is definately not me employing local knowledge and expecting more than reasonable from the technology.

Agree with DJP., the reroute also seems a bit off as I know that sticking out a bit of a queue on the M25 at a heathrow is quicker than crawling through Staines, even without the floods. The rest of the post is tosh as usual.

Lexus do some strange things. The early 2nd Gen IS didn't have anti-carjack (Auto) locking, and neither does the UK version of the new GS! They seem to miss the detail....I was assured by my dealer that the GS did, and I was so disappointed after delivery to find it didn't - especially as I have (nearly) been a victim of this before in central London...luckily my 2002 Audi A4 had the feature.....the scrote couldn't get in!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links