Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Plasti Dip

JPWilson

just a quick question on Plasti Dip...

Has anyone here ever used, seen or had a Plasti Dip on a car?

It looks like a good way to completely change the colour of the IS200 but obviously it's not something I've seen before.

I havn't seen it myself but my dad went to look at one the other day cause he's thinking of getting his Audi A8 dipped and said he couldn't tell the differnce between the dipped car and the vinyl wrapped car.

It does seem like a fairly cheap and quick way to change the look of your car.

Thats what i thought..

I know someone that does it and for £400 i could have the car done in Matt black or White etc...

May be something i look into...

Ive seen videos online saying it is durable and wears really well but i never feel convinced, id get it done and 2 weeks later it would all peel off lol

• Like 1

Yeah I've been watching dip your car videos all day.. They look really good, I've seen them jet washing the plastic dip and all that...

I've seen them doing Audi R8, M3, S5 etc... They look wicked.. I'm going to see the fella tomorrow and look at his car which he's done.

I've used it on the winter wheels for my IS200 Sport and they've survived two seasons of salt and jet washing.

Also used it on the rear sills of my IS-F in the area where the paint suffers from road rash (the IS-F rear sill flairs out slightly just in front of the rear arch and gets blasted by road debris). used black Plastidip on the IS-F Cadoxton Slate (dark grey). Haven't noticed any damage to the area covered by Plastdip yet (been on for at least two years), and if it does get marked it's a simple matter to peel off and put on a fresh protective coat.

I'm definitely thinking about changing the colour of my IS200...

I'll probably go for a Matt colour but what would people go for?

I was thinking of Matt black or white... But I keep thinking of Orange, proper change it up... Any ideas or suggestions welcome ;)

Plasti Dip looks good but nothin for me as I would prefer to do things myself. Vinyl wrapping is so much fun too!

Regarding the colour - dont go with black or white - be different - BE ORANGE!

My theme is silver/blue!

Black is such a pain to keep it clear of dust and white is just a colour you gotta wash it more often than any other colour!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links