Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Sportcross Headlamp Washers

tonyT

Long time since I was here- used to have an IS200, but got seduced by a 3lt Shogun, then an SLK 320, but missed the IS so much I bought a tidy 2002 IS300 Sportcross the other week.

Now to the problem- the headlamp washers don't work (the car has HID lights btw). With the lights on and the wipers working, when I press the headlamp washer buuton on the dash the pump runs but the washers don't pop up to wash the lights. I've done a search but can't find out why this should be. Anyone had this happen and how was it fixed?

thanks in advance!

Long time since I was here- used to have an IS200, but got seduced by a 3lt Shogun, then an SLK 320, but missed the IS so much I bought a tidy 2002 IS300 Sportcross the other week.

Now to the problem- the headlamp washers don't work (the car has HID lights btw). With the lights on and the wipers working, when I press the headlamp washer buuton on the dash the pump runs but the washers don't pop up to wash the lights. I've done a search but can't find out why this should be. Anyone had this happen and how was it fixed?

thanks in advance!

Have you checked the fuse .silly question mate I know but you never know . They will be plugged in with a multi plug connection behind the bumper etc but I can't see them biend unplugged and I can't see the motors bein goosed .

Silly question again but do your wiper washers work as they both run of the same pump?get someone to stand in front of your car when you press the switch and see what happens.

It´s two separate pumps, the headlight washerpump is a highpressure type, and the one for the window is just a normal one.

One more silly question, is there enough fluid in the tank? Cause when my level is low the headlights do not get any spray, only the window, that pump is lower in the tank I guess.

Well done Pierre! The tank took over 4l to top up. And yes- now they work- I know becuse I leaned into the car to press the button to test them whilst looking over the bonnet. Got a faceful of water :))

Hi Steve- take your point- The other fluid levels are fine and I have had 2 new tyres fitted so that's all ok. The wheels are not that good, so I'm looking at replacing them with something more suitable and up to date.

The service stamps are all up to date and it will be a few months until It will need another service. I think the depleted washer bottle is more a reflection of the crap weather we've endured since before last Christmas!

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond!

Good to hear that you "fixed" your problem Tony :winky:

Excellent diagnosis Pierre :)

With a 4 litre top up required must have been missed on servicing for some time, I would check all the other fluid levels and tyre pressures as soon as.

I worked as a Toyota/Lexus technician between 2004 and 2009 so I have experienced alot of "fake" failures and customers who described many strange symptoms on their cars.

Just knowing the basics and how stuff works makes it much more easy to diagnos :winky:

I´m Swedish btw so sorry for my schoolenglish :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links