Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Grrrrr....

Three weeks old, less than a thousand miles and one slightly kerbed rear wheel..!

I know i didn't do it...wife denies all knowledge!!!

Any recommendations on fixing? Lexus Dealers the best place?

I have had several repairs done by Lexus Bristol and cannot fault them. If the tyre does not need to come off they charge about £60 I think. Give your local Lexus centre a call as they will have the correct paint colour.

gt03raf,

Sorry to hear this. I'd urge you to be very careful before you get it done, as I think you have the F Sport alloys. I've had the misfortune of needing mine repaired twice, but am delighted with the outcome. Firstly, there is no paint code for the F Sport wheels. I don't pretend to understand the finer details but the "smoked chrome" effect is achieved by adding layers of powder coating onto the wheel which I think is black.

When I bought my car I also bought the tyre and alloy insurance and made a claim. They appointed "wheeldoctor Horley" N Aldridge, a mobile service. I immediately checked with my Lexus dealer (Croydon) who knew him and said his work was fine, in fact they did work for them.

He took one look at a photo of the wheel and said that it would be impossible to match the colour without taking the wheel away and taking it to the factory. In fact he took two of them, the car was on stilts at Lexus for a few days, he put them back on and you could not see any difference at all. I was running around the car, looking in all different lights etc etc and the match was perfect.

I then did two again in dangerous driving conditions where I couldn't see the kerb due to water and debris. Claim approved, wheels collected again by Nigel, perfect repair. Mine was covered but he charges £75 a wheel. No idea of his geographic coverage.

I cannot recommend him highly enough, but it does mean the car is out of action for a few days.

I am ultra careful now!

gt03raf,

Sorry to hear this. I'd urge you to be very careful before you get it done, as I think you have the F Sport alloys. I've had the misfortune of needing mine repaired twice, but am delighted with the outcome. Firstly, there is no paint code for the F Sport wheels. I don't pretend to understand the finer details but the "smoked chrome" effect is achieved by adding layers of powder coating onto the wheel which I think is black.

When I bought my car I also bought the tyre and alloy insurance and made a claim. They appointed "wheeldoctor Horley" N Aldridge, a mobile service. I immediately checked with my Lexus dealer (Croydon) who knew him and said his work was fine, in fact they did work for them.

He took one look at a photo of the wheel and said that it would be impossible to match the colour without taking the wheel away and taking it to the factory. In fact he took two of them, the car was on stilts at Lexus for a few days, he put them back on and you could not see any difference at all. I was running around the car, looking in all different lights etc etc and the match was perfect.

I then did two again in dangerous driving conditions where I couldn't see the kerb due to water and debris. Claim approved, wheels collected again by Nigel, perfect repair. Mine was covered but he charges £75 a wheel. No idea of his geographic coverage.

I cannot recommend him highly enough, but it does mean the car is out of action for a few days.

I am ultra careful now!

Spot on my friend. No paint code for the F Sport wheels. They literally mix 2 paints up and spot check. Its hard to get right but DJP's wheels have been properly matched. Sometimes I wonder if they are the same wheels or if they just replaced them!

gt03raf,

I am ultra careful now!

Kerbed my wheel all the way around the other day :/ oops. Tyre wont need to come off, its just the edge. And how much did you get this wheel cover for? It looks like it will be a good option to buy it.

It was £500 and gives a max total cumulative claim over the 3 yr cover period of £1k. Max £100 per wheel per claim. Chap that does mine charges £75.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links