Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed Sensitive Power Steering.

Hi Colin, thank you for that. I hope it's not the same issue since I'm out of warranty but it is exactly like you describe. It happens after a while at high speed and just every now and then. I have to overcome a force to move the steering wheel. As if there are magnets in the steering column. Only on high speed left handers on the motorway. It occurs at the end of a bend when I try to turn the wheel straight again.

With the purchase of my IS, I have had the garage fit winter tyres. Vredestein wintrac extreme S.

I must say, the car also pulls slightly to the right.

My hopes are that a re-alignment of the wheels and maybe a software update of the steering rack can fix my issue. It's actually a quite dangerously issue.

15 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Hi Job

I just clicked on the link in my post and the PDF downloaded fine. Here is the link again:

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11855

Unfortunately I doubt this is the same issue you are experiencing as the TSB was for the first batch of vehicles produced and was fixed for all vehicles produced after August 2013.

I notice in the TSB that the replacement part has the same part number as the original part. So no new technical requirements I guess of that part. Just some faulty parts.

Yes, seemed to be a faulty batch of parts. No design change.

Your issue does sounds similar, mine was normally on the motorway in a straight ahead direction and needed force to turn either left or right to go around a bend or change lane. Let's hope it is just wheel alignment in your case.

• 1 month later...

On the flip side has anyone noticed what I can only describe as a "notchy" steering feeling when travelling at relatively low speeds and making slight adjustments to the steering position. If I turn the steering to go around a bend for example it is fine. Slightly odd sensation I must say.

20 hours ago, Adrian 300H said:

On the flip side has anyone noticed what I can only describe as a "notchy" steering feeling when travelling at relatively low speeds and making slight adjustments to the steering position. If I turn the steering to go around a bend for example it is fine. Slightly odd sensation I must say.

Yep, I have the same.  Only place I'm noticing it is in a stretch of roadworks sat at 50, and every so often it feels a bit like there is more resistance to make a slight adjustment.  I thought it was the camber of the road at first, but its not always in the same part of the roadworks

• 4 months later...

My steering rack was replaced by the garage from another IS. Now the steering is fine. Finally. I drove another IS that had the same notchy steering. Calibration doesn’t work. Lexus knows the issue but doesn’t really acknowledge it, which is a shame. My Lexus is from 2015. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links