Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Saying Hello

ben Franklin57

Welcome to the club Ben.

Any questions you have there's bound to be someone on here with an answer.

P.s you are welcome to post pic's when you have it. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm another newbie do thought id post here instead of starting a new thread (I know some forums can get funny about too much repetition).

I'm also looking to buy an SC430. I saw one for the first time around 6 months ago and said to myself if I still love the idea of having one by now then I'm just going to do it. I'm not even really into cars but just love the look of the SC from a distance, and even more up close.

I'm about to take my first test drive; are there any tips anyone can give me re: questions to ask (above and beyond the 'standard' qu's)? It's a 2007 model with 40k on the clock.

Another thing I wanted to check was about music connectivity. So far my investigations tell me there's no AUX input in the 2007 models and no Bluetooth either, am I right in thinking that? If so what do you music fans do to get around that. I've done the Bluetooth radio transmitter thing before on other cars, and found the quality/consistency to be poor, perhaps you guys know of a decent one though.

Cheers all.

I'm another newbie do thought id post here instead of starting a new thread (I know some forums can get funny about too much repetition).

I'm also looking to buy an SC430. I saw one for the first time around 6 months ago and said to myself if I still love the idea of having one by now then I'm just going to do it. I'm not even really into cars but just love the look of the SC from a distance, and even more up close.

I'm about to take my first test drive; are there any tips anyone can give me re: questions to ask (above and beyond the 'standard' qu's)? It's a 2007 model with 40k on the clock.

Another thing I wanted to check was about music connectivity. So far my investigations tell me there's no AUX input in the 2007 models and no bluetooth either, am I right in thinking that? If so what do you music fans do to get around that. I've done the bluetooth radio transmitter thing before on other cars, and found the quality/consistency to be poor, perhaps you guys know of a decent one though.

Cheers all.

There is no Aux input but you can buy a kit to do it. Instructions and a video are on U Tube on how to do it.

Late 2005 on models have Blootooth. I think if its got the 6 speed box it will have Blootooth. Mines Nov 2005 (6) and it has it.. I don't use it much as there is enough music to satisfy my needs and its the best sound system I have ever had. I do use a transmitter sometimes on FM radio with music from an SD card quality is superb. I just use plug the transmitter into the 12v inside the centre armrest. Can be bought from amazon or e-bay from about £15 upwards even comes with a remote control. I have to admit my phone isn't even set up as I have changed phones (over a year ago now but I don't like using then phone in the car I prefer peace an quiet) I did have a problem with my old phone passing all my contact info by Blootooth but I understand that's just some types of phone. I have found prices for mk 2 SC430a are quite high but it is work going for the mk2. One point not to forget is that if its registered before march 2006 (not sure of the exact date) its only £280 Road Tax instead of £480 (due to a particularly stupid Labour Party Chancellor.) Late 2005 and early 2006 Mk2 SC 430s are the best bet. I cant see the point in buying a one after that if you intend to keep the car, as price go up with years when its really mileage and condition that counts.

Hi

Hope your test drive goes well. You will be won over the second you get into the SC, I have never owned or driven a better car. Every time you drive it you will just smile. Like you I saw an SC in a car park and knew instantly it was the car for me.

If the car has a Lexus service history it is best to continue it, I have one with my car and I have a service contract with Lexus which costs around £40 per month.

Cheers John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links