Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crack In Windscreen

After just 80 miles stone chip on windscreen and resultant crack will probably mean a new screen. Gutted, as it's my pride and joy. Surprised how the glass has delaminated and cracked so quickly.

Peter, what a nightmare, so sorry to hear that. My colleagues IS250 screen suffered a similar fate last weekend and it's a fortnight before the repair company can sort it out. Hope it gets dealt with quickly for you. I wonder if there is even any stock of them over here?

Good luck.

No, it'll be £75 excess. Until, 6 months ago I've not had a broken screen for nearly 25 years. Now, this is my 3rd in just few months. Two with the GT86 and now this. :(

Had exactly the same last September when the car was only 3 months old. I have lexus insurance so it did not cost a penny and when I phoned them I asked for a genuine lexus windscreen, you should do the same no matter who your insurance company is. I had a pattern screen put on a BMW 3 series a few years back and the fit was was so bad I made them take it out and fit an original part.

With Lexus insurance my screen was replaced by AA Auto Windscreens who did a first class job, perfect.

Hope it gets sorted soon as I know how you must feel.

Do make sure though that if you have the heater element at the base of the screen (where the wipers rest) that:

a. the new screen has it

b. the fitter remembers to connect the cable

I seem to recall that many fitters forget, and in some cases the element is totally missing!

Also.......once fitted, check it doesn't 'distort' the vision anywhere on it - especially near the edges - especially along the bottom where it meets the dash. I had a cracked screen on a brand new Audi A4 (1000 miles on it when it happened) and it took them 4 goes to get one that was perfect. By then they had destroyed the scuttle trims....and had to get new ones.

New glass fitted this morning. Big thanks to RMB Toyota in Northallerton for accommodating my car as I didn't want it installing on my drive or at work under a gazebo. Quick service for a new Lexus screen too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links