Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Renovation Kit For Grey Leather In Ls400

I have used Gliptone Leathercare's Liquid Leather renovation kits on previous cars I have had with leather seats and would like to get one for the grey leather seats in my 1996 LS400.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the grey leather in the LS400 was called Westminster Grey. Can anyone confirm this?

I have had a look on Gliptone's website and under their car leather colours there is a reference to a Westminster Grey for a 1997 GS300 but no mention of this for a LS400.

If I cannot be certain of the colour, I will need to send a small piece of leather so it can be colour-matched. Any ideas on where it would be easiest to remove a piece where it is not visible? A place that occurs to me is underneath the rear seat base if I can find out how to remove this.

I would be grateful if anyone could assist on these matters.

Thanks a lot.

Colin

I have used 'Woolies' leather renovation kits on on an E23 BMW 7 Series and an Jensen Interceptor. The leather on the Jensen was really poor - hard, dried out and faded - but came up like new as did the BMW. The Woolies kits make it look original rather than painted. You can get the back seat our easily - just slip your fingers between the seat base and the floor pan and pull - very hard!

See http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/default.aspx

Thanks, Andy, I'll remove the back seat as indicated, if necessary. I have used Woolies kits in the past as well and they are good.

I might have a look at this, as in the past I have just used a (sort of) matching shoe cream, but I now see I should use a sealer to then ensure the colour does not wear away.

Just need to find the time to do the work. I find that only certain edges on my Mk4 have 'bald; patches, and some very minor cracking, where as my Mk2 had a lot more cracked leather.

I also wondered whether saddle soap is better for feeding the leather, as it keeps horse saddles going for ages.

The one thing is that when I have polished the leather, you tend to slide a bit more on those fast corners!!

I have grey seats in my Mk4. They are in great condition, but the driver's seat looks as if it needs a clean and has gone slightly glossy. I would like to restore the matt finish if anyone can advise.

I think grey leather is the best colour - it doesn't show up imperfections and cracking very easily - cream is the hardest to keep clean and black starts to appear very glossy and used

My leather is like Pete's - just the odd 'bald' patch (where the seatbelt goes across the seat back) and some minor cracking. I have found the Gliptone kits easy to use and, once I have got one, might post up a 'before' and 'after' photo.

Being from a motorcycling background and needing to keep leathers in good nick.

I have always been a fan of this stuff, just make sure to buff up after a short time to clear the excess.

A good tip for application is to get clean sponge or one of them sponges you use to wash the pots, the ones with the green scourer, work it well in.

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/820720/Clothing-and-Helmets/Garment-Care/Chelsea/Leather-Food

You can get it cheaper from other sources if you shop about.

Works great on work boots, sports boots, any kind of leather really.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links