Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Reception

adnewton

Went away over the weekend and found the radio would not pick up stations - when it did the quality was poor.

I was in lancs area so not out in the sticks. Has anyone else had this problem? Seems to be OK in Midlands so suppose it could have been a weak area.

I've removed antenna, cleaned it and added some anti sieze compound.

i know i am showing my age i listen to radio 2 whilst travelling on the m53 daily, what i do find is that if i use my windscreen washers i get interference on the radio BUT at the dealers its not a problem so there is nothing they can do for me,but i am going to try and find some info on the weak signal areas for radios signals just to see if this is the issue.

I think this problem is more the other end not yours, I mean the signal is weaker than it used to be, maybe because so many formats are now offered? My GS450 uses the HRW element to receive FM signal and now drops off most days even near cities and often on motorways, often making it impossible to listen to the radio, never used to have this problem even back in the 80s and 90s with far less sophisticated car radios.

Sounds like a common issue with Lexus.

I travelled around 30 miles away from my home yesterday and lost all local stations - which I had no problems with in previous cars. Even attempting to retune into alternative stations didn't locate any decent signals.

Just wondering if changing antenna on roof to one which may be more sensitive would help?

I find now I just listen to music on my USB - I get too annoyed with crackling radio stations.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links