1995 LS400 150,000

Owned since April 2011

Aerial and motor replaced

off side passenger speaker not working and replaced with used

Bonnet struts

Boot leak - replaced rubber twice

Front springs

Engine mounts and gear box mount to cure clonk sound on start up

Rear shocks and springs to improve rear ride. Helped but will now do a full change of all rear bushes and wishbones. Rear has always sat low and car hasn't coped well with three adults in the back.

Stereo unit replaced due to no backlight and digits irregular

Never tried to fix the heated seats. Shame as could do with them.

Power steering reservoir leak so replaced the o ring.

Occassional lack of power at start up so replaced sparks and leads

alloys corroded - used set but they are now starting to flake.

I think that's all. Most of the above I knew about when I bought the car but the price was good and it had a good lpg system. This now 10 years old and works very well.

Cheers

James

Sorry Rudy

Its actually 25k miles I noticed as I had to go for my paper this morning in the Lexus as the Jiffy failed its Mot due to suspension problems caused by the bloody roads we have here.

• Like 1

People seem not to have mentioned the electrical gremlin(s) apparently encouraged by under-use of the car. Mine was parked in the garage for about four weeks over Christmas, and although it started fine on New Year's Eve the electrics then went berserk. After disconnecting and trickle-charging the Battery, everything reset itself and normal service was resumed, I think. I've noticed the occasional drop in revs at idle that nearly caused it to stall the other day, but maybe putting my foot down on Sunday night has blown away some cobwebs? Or maybe it's the ECU issue mentioned earlier.

• 1 month later...

2000 Mk4 182k

Drivers door mirror keeps moving slightly out of alignment (each time I turn the key) - how do I reset the door ECU?

Poor workmanship of replacement screen allowed water into multi plug under dash. All sorts of electrical dramas! After much investigation, re-made plug.

Windscreen wash empty light: living with it.

alloys need refurb, slow pressure loss on one corner.

Brilliant car all round.

• 3 months later...

To add to my 95 MK3 list

- cat to front pipe connections corroded,cut out old and weld in replacement flanges

- O/S egr pipe split,will be tackling this this weekend,access is some what limited !

- knocking from n/s/f over big pot holes,no joint issues shown up on mot ??

- speedo has stopped once or twice,but a clout on the dash brings it back,obviously a dry joint somewhere

Front bonnet struts replaced.

Rust above front screen - small patches both sides

Corroded alloys refurbished

Front discs warped and replaced

Rear screen de mister not working (probably damaged when someone tinted.

Boot damp

One of front heated seat button sticks

Otherwise a dream @ 100,000 miles .

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links